IDEA Public Schools is seeking a Federal Funds Grant Manager to join our growing Business Office team. As a Federal Funds Grant Manager, you will report to the Director of Federal Grants and support the Finance Team regarding all aspects of federal, state and local financial compliance. Additionally, you will ensure that procured goods and services and staff composition are evaluated each year to identify potential cost savings and support leaders during the planning process.
As a member of the National team, you will support all regions across four states to achieve annual operating income goals while remaining good stewards of public funds and donations. You will be the subject matter expert on federal, state, and local financial laws, policies, and procedures and be adept at translating them to stakeholders across the organization.
This is a full-time, immediate opening based in Texas. While this is a remote role, preference will be given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Greater Houston, Permian Basin, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, or Tarrant County, or who are willing to relocate.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $73,900 and $90,200, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment, including the availability of funds for incentive compensation.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
In this role you will:
- Work with other IDEA departments and Business Office staff and the Director to ensure an accurate, timely efficient and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle, from proposal to close. This entails pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing and producing relevant reports, monitoring grant activity, post-award management and records retention.
- Collaborate with the Director to help facilitate the monitoring and reporting of IDEA’s federal and state grant portfolio.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the Director on federal grant compliance and interpretation of relevant state and federal requirements, including EDGAR and the Uniform Guidance as well as other related Federal and State regulations and legislation and board policy.
- Remain abreast of all compliance changes and identify trends; communicate to the Director appropriately concerning updates and the potential amendment of board policy and administrative procedure.
- Assist the Director provide guidance and assistance through the development of compliance checklists and other standardized forms to help manage the requirements related to each federal and state grant.
- Provide guidance and assistance to verify that all monthly drawdowns are accurate and tie back to the grant application, campus instructional plan (CIP) or district instructional plan (DIP) and are appropriately recorded in the general ledger and reported on the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards.
- Provide guidance and assistance for the preparation and maintenance of all compliance related documentation (e.g., time and effort reports, job descriptions, etc.) and report the filing of records to the Records Management Officer and/or the Director.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Director and IDEA headquarters, regional and campus staff to create and develop robust campus needs assessment and CIPs according to statutory standards.
- Provide guidance and assistance to develop, and review state and federal budgets with the Financial Planning & Analysis team verifying that the expense ties back to the grant application, CIP/DIP and needs of the School and Program team.
- Provide guidance and assistance to conduct monthly check-ins with external and internal evaluation partners on progress towards the agreed upon scope of work, milestones and deliverables as outlined in the CIP/DIP.
- Coach Program Managers on when and how to provide feedback during the year and at the end of the year for evaluation plans related to federal grants.
- Provide guidance and assistance for procurements by verifying that the requisitions conform to Board policy, purchasing procedures and applicable Federal and state legal requirements.
- Verify that all vendors doing business with IDEA met the requirements, i.e. SAM.gov.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Director to conduct monthly, cross-functional grant reporting meetings and establish systems for Program Managers to access data from teams across the organization.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all current local, state and federal funders, positioning IDEA for future grant opportunities.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Director to prepare and submit all compliance reporting related to the federal grants.
- Support the VP of Finance Compliance and Grants in building and revising finance policies across legal entities
- Prepare sufficiently detailed time accounting records for the work performed for different cost objectives in a manner consistent with applicable Federal and state requirements, Board policy and administrative procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or economics
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or economics (Preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in finance leadership or financial compliance
- 5-7 years’ experience in the above (Preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Enterprise Resource Planning Software
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders of varying degrees of analytical understanding
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines
- Hold ethics and values to high standards
As part of the Finance Compliance team, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
- Ensure there are zero “material weakness” or “significant deficiency” findings in external audits of any grants within the IDEA portfolio for the 2022-2023 school year.
- 100% of grant reports and grant amendments for the 2022-2023 school year are submitted on-time and with the grantor’s approval
- Lead team to achieve 100% of the federal funds grant program goals.
- 100% of budget-expenditures alignment in FY ’22-23.
- Meet the milestones for the Corrective Action Plans as developed and implemented by the team.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness, kindness, and inclusivity for our students and staff, and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures.
Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.