Role Mission: The Facilities and Construction Project Manager supports the Vice President of Facilities and Construction with implementation of critical projects, initiatives and logistics tasks. The Facilities and Construction Project Manager creates and maintains org-wide systems that enable Facilities and Construction team to work efficiently (setting meetings & operating mechanisms, prepping events, professional development sessions, maintaining a consistent financial health). He/she also leads projects in coordination with senior leadership, regional teams, and headquarter teams related to Facilities for 120 schools across the network.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Director of Talent Development and Director of Facilities to coordinate org-wide and regional training logistics
- Partner with operation team leaders to coordinate departmental quarterly, strategies, and step back meetings
- Build and maintain department-wide shared calendar for the whole operations team
- Partner with each department and vendors to ensure payments are received on time
- Build and establish working relationships with vendors
- Submit per diem, travel, and business expense requests in Concur
- Monitor and provide monthly reports on travel-related expenses
- Constantly communicates and redirects the Facilities and Construction team upcoming priorities (Goals, Headquarters Managers Trainings, VP Quarterlies, VP Strategies, End-of-Year/Beginning-of-Year Celebrations, etc.)
- Manages regional operations team’s operating calendar setting and sets benchmarks to reevaluate operating calendar
- Partners with COO’s support team to submit Assistant Principals of Operations’ (APO) messages are communicated on APO Monthly townhalls
- Maintain and update all information on Facilities Insite and Owner Insite platforms
Required Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3 years of Project Management Experience
- Experience in the field of Facilities and Construction
- Owner Insite system experience preferred
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Advanced data management and reporting skills
- Proficient keyboarding and electronic file maintenance skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and execute toward goals
- Management of projects across multiple teams or stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft 360 proficiency
- Must be willing to travel on average 25% of the time (across the network)
- 95% of events and professional development trainings meet or exceed expectations
- Ensure 100% compliance with business office requirements
- 85% retention of Facilities and Construction staff
- Ensures that all information, data, and reports are accurate and up to date for all facilities on Owner Insite and Facilities Insite platforms.
- Ensures 100% of Facilities and Construction has onboarding technology and supplies within 30 days of start date
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the team to reach the following ambitious goals:
- 85% retention of Facilities and Construction staff
- Meet district's cost per square foot goal
- 100% of programmed schools have student Certificate of Occupancy/Temporary Certificate of Occupancy two weeks before the First Day of School
- Achieve an A average rating on the comprehensive facility audit
- Ensures 100% of schools are fully operational by the first day of school
Commitment to Diversity and Core Values:
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Our core values are:
- We Act with Integrity: We put the best interests of the IDEA Team & Family—and most importantly our students—at the forefront of all our decisions and actions, taking personal responsibility to model the honest and ethical behavior we want our students and each other to demonstrate every day.
- We Build Team & Family: We foster a sense of belonging and inclusivity by treating every member of the IDEA Team & Family—our students, staff, families, and community—with compassion, respect, and humility. We maximize our individual best efforts through collaboration and support of each other in the focused pursuit of our collective mission.
- We Achieve Academic Excellence: We believe ensuring college success for 100% of our students is the best way to help them succeed in life and in seeing obstacles they face as opportunities for learning and growth. Every member of the IDEA Team & Family works together to ensure each student on every campus and in every classroom receives a high-quality education.
- We Deliver Results: We set ambitious goals, hold ourselves and each other accountable for achieving results, and believe that our students will succeed to and through college. Our results show what’s possible when the adults in the system get it right and represent the collective effort and focus of the entire IDEA Team & Family.
- We Ensure Equity: We set high expectations and share compassion and empathy for every member of the IDEA Team & Family. We differentiate our support and resources, proactively address racism and discrimination, and advocate alongside our students and staff to empower them with the opportunities to succeed and ensure the respect they deserve.
- We Bring Joy: We create a positive, uplifting, and joyful environment for every member of the IDEA Team & Family, every single day. We operate with a sense of optimism, and our traditions celebrate learning, growth, and the accomplishments of our students, staff, and community.
- We Sweat the Small Stuff: We embrace that achieving excellence lies in paying attention to and carrying out the details—the ‘small stuff’—that go into effective execution and positive implementation. Every step of the way, the IDEA Team & Family prioritizes actions contributing to our mission of College for All.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $60,569 to $72,529, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications
- This role is eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment
- The Project Manager must currently live in or be willing to relocate to Texas, with preference for one of our regions in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, or Tarrant County.
- Travel Expectations: On average 25% of the time (across the network)
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.