School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Jacksonville Regional Office
Region: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Full-Time
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: Talent Recruiters are charged with attracting top instructional talent to IDEA Public Schools. They are engaging and enthusiastic ambassadors of IDEA, representing IDEA through external communication, hosting and attending events, and partnering with regional organizations. They rely on data analysis to drive their work in partnership with the regional staffing team to ensure that every instructional vacancy at IDEA is filled with a high-quality candidate.
1. Meet target teacher application number for the IDEA region.
2. 95% of instructional vacancies are filled by May 31st
3. Two directly recruited applications and at least three high quality applications for every high-need teacher vacancy (SpEd and secondary STEM)
4. 30% of individual teacher hires in IDEA region were directly recruited
5. Meet 100% of internal referral goals.
6. Live Values of IDEA
• Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
• Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
• Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
• Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
• Embodies IDEA’s core values
• Passion for IDEA Public Schools’ mission and vision
• Experience managing volunteers to hit ambitious goals
• Experience developing and leading training or professional development sessions (community organizing and/or campaign trainings preferred)
• Exceptional event planning and execution skills
• Detail orientation and strong organization skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings
• Ability to travel between all schools and regions across Texas and Louisiana
• Strongly preferred: Fluency in Spanish
• Knowledge of K-12 education policy issues (preferred)
What You Bring -- Competencies
Knowledge and Skills:
What We Offer
Salaries for this role typically fall between $50,516 and $59,609, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
IDEA Public Schools in Florida intends to promote and establish a Drug-Free Workplace Program to maximize safety and productivity in the workplace, enhance our competitive position in the marketplace, without experiencing the costs, delays, and tragedies associated with accidents that result from drug or alcohol abuse by employees. A Drug-Free Workplace means that of our employees must remain Drug-Free both on and off the job, and free from alcohol on the job. In holding to this policy, all staff members will undergo drug testing prior to starting in their new role with us.
To read our full policy, please click the following link: https://ideapublicschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/FL-Drug-Free-Workplace-Policy.pdf