Risk Management Manager (Immediate Opening)
This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
This role will directly oversee Risk Management activities for IDEA Public Schools in conjunction with IDEA’s Director of Risk Management who oversees IDEA’s organization-wide and multi-state property and casualty insurance program with a goal of identifying and mitigating risk in organization-wide operations. The Risk Management Manager assists with the organization control of IDEA’s worker’s compensation, unemployment, safety, property and liability, loss control and insurance programs and functions. Additionally, this role will also support and lead on the record management program for IDEA and will work with national, regional and school teams.
To be successful in this position you must be able to utilize loss run reports to make informed decisions, know how to position yourself as a trusted advisor, and be able to relay complex information to stakeholders with varying levels of expertise, while working collaboratively with external insurance brokers, third party administrators and insurance carriers.
This is a remote position based in Texas that will require periodic travel at times for campus insurance visits.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $73,900 and $90,200, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
In this role you will:
- Supports the Director of Risk Management with reviewing and assessing vendor risk and establishing risk transfer parameters
- Provides review/approval of all campus activities/event requests and ensure all activities adhere to Risk Management guidelines and insurance coverages. Supports campus partners with campus activity planning and ensuring processes are followed in accordance with student safety guidelines, while also limiting liability.
- Assist with vendor screening and background checks in order to ensure student safety and adherence to state laws
- Collaborate with functional leaders across the org and our legal counsel in establishing a document/record retention audit schedule in accordance to state law, authorize rules and board policy
- Lead in the development and implementation of the record management program across the organization and it’s efforts in reducing costs, compiling, maintaining, processing, retention and/or disposition
- Direct the approval process for the destruction of records that have reached the end of their retention period in accordance with the Authorization for Destruction
- Actively support and promote the records management program throughout IDEA Public Schools
- In cooperation with principals and department heads, identify essential records and establish a disaster plan for each IDEA Public Schools and department to ensure maximum availability of the records in order to re-establish operations quickly and with minimum disruption and expense
- Serve as the inhouse expert relating to record management program, policies and processes
- Partner and collaborate with the Record Management Officer and committee, in establishing record management policies, across regions in accordance with state governmental record management guidelines
- Works in conjunction with campus partners to offer training and educational programming aimed at ensuring compliance with record management requirements in accordance with state laws
- Assist with annual policy renewals for all IDEA regions
- Partners with Risk Management Director and Insurance broker team to conduct annual review of all insurance policies and evaluates coverage, identifies exposures, assesses liabilities through evaluation of claim loss, statistics and trends, as well as, assuring all programs are in compliance of federal, state specific and local laws.
- Assist with the development of effective strategies for mitigating risks in collaboration with Risk Management Director and district leaders
- Deliver and manage high quality communication to insurance carriers, brokers and internal stake holders regarding claim losses
- Assist the Director of Risk Management with establishing risk transfer parameters with IDEA’s third party construction manager and overseeing builders risk policies
- Provides leadership on Risk Management training initiatives and partners with leaders to develop consistent strategies and tactics to support with managing risk and change
- Ensure all insurance premiums are paid on time and in accordance with payment schedules
- Support with managing and responding to unemployment claims by deadline
- Participate and represent IDEA in unemployment hearings as needed
- Manages all student injuries and assesses for claim submission to insurance carrier. Provides support and guidance to campus and parent though out the claim process. Monitors claims and maintains frequent communication with parents on claim status, processing and payments.
- Manages all auto claims and works in collaboration with transportation team in investigating and reporting. Monitors claims and works with insurance carrier and broker to ensure claim effectiveness and prompt resolution
- Collaborates with transportation team and ensure all vehicle acquisitions and leases are properly insured and added to current auto policies
- Works with Fleet manager and conducts quarterly audits on fleet inventory to ensure all fleet is adequately insured and/or removed from policy when vehicles are retired
- Develops a wide variety of written materials in both manual and electronic formats (e.g., compliance reports, forms, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Leads and conducts quarterly loss run meetings for student accident and auto policies with insurance carrier, broker and operational leaders
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- May manage some personnel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, both written and oral, and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Must be strong team player and people developers
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view toward reaching strategic decisions
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required (business administration, management, or related field)
- Experience in managing and implementing multiple projects, claims management, and record management within public school district highly desired
- Strong business partnership experience