Role Mission: The State Reporting Analyst for Florida is responsible for managing the IDEA Public School’s collection, verification and submission of all data required through the State Reporting systems in the Florida automated student and staff information systems. This Analyst elevates the level of design, implementation, and improve processes and systems to ensure all schools and staff are empowered to facilitate their work with the highest degree of legitimacy in the data integrity.
- Efficient and effective in managing multiple and meeting deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members in the district
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff at other districts
- Ability to research, plan, and develop special reports
- Demonstrate dedication, commitment, honesty, integrity, and good character when reporting data for a district to the Florida Department of Education
- Proficient in FOCUS, the district’s local student information software (SIS)
- Able to work across multiple state reporting platforms
- Understanding of data-based principals and data analysis
- Proficient in Excel
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2+ years in data analysis and managing projects
- Experience: 2+ years in Florida State Education Reporting
- Liaison between their district and the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE)
- Interpret state reporting requirements for their school district.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and transfer of district, building, staff, student, course, and financial data to FLDOE.
- Coordinate data collection and verification processes.
- Adhere to state reporting survey schedules.
- Communicate state reporting requirements to staff within the district.
- Transmit files to FLDOE.
- Investigate and trouble-shoot various error reports.
- Correct data and re-submit when necessary.
- Distribute reports received from the FLDOE with district staff.
- Assist district staff with understanding and interpretation of state reports.
- Interpret data and other statistical information.
- Monitor and adhere to all state and federal changes to state reporting.
- Attend meetings, seminars, workshops, conference calls, etc. to maintain accurate knowledge of state reporting requirements as needed.
- Position is required to work Year-round.
- Become familiar with district’s Student Information System software.
- Coordinate the reporting of district’s data with other district staff.
Commitment to Diversity and Core Values:
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Our core values are:
- We Act with Integrity: We put the best interests of the IDEA Team & Family—and most importantly our students—at the forefront of all our decisions and actions, taking personal responsibility to model the honest and ethical behavior we want our students and each other to demonstrate every day.
- We Build Team & Family: We foster a sense of belonging and inclusivity by treating every member of the IDEA Team & Family—our students, staff, families, and community—with compassion, respect, and humility. We maximize our individual best efforts through collaboration and support of each other in the focused pursuit of our collective mission.
- We Achieve Academic Excellence: We believe ensuring college success for 100% of our students is the best way to help them succeed in life and in seeing obstacles they face as opportunities for learning and growth. Every member of the IDEA Team & Family works together to ensure each student on every campus and in every classroom receives a high-quality education.
- We Deliver Results: We set ambitious goals, hold ourselves and each other accountable for achieving results, and believe that our students will succeed to and through college. Our results show what’s possible when the adults in the system get it right and represent the collective effort and focus of the entire IDEA Team & Family.
- We Ensure Equity: We set high expectations and share compassion and empathy for every member of the IDEA Team & Family. We differentiate our support and resources, proactively address racism and discrimination, and advocate alongside our students and staff to empower them with the opportunities to succeed and ensure the respect they deserve.
- We Bring Joy: We create a positive, uplifting, and joyful environment for every member of the IDEA Team & Family, every single day. We operate with a sense of optimism, and our traditions celebrate learning, growth, and the accomplishments of our students, staff, and community.
- We Sweat the Small Stuff: We embrace that achieving excellence lies in paying attention to and carrying out the details—the ‘small stuff’—that go into effective execution and positive implementation. Every step of the way, the IDEA Team & Family prioritizes actions contributing to our mission of College for All.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $60,569 to $72,683, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications
- This role is eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.