IDEA Public Schools is looking for an Executive Assistant to the IDEA Sr. Chief of Staff & Administrative Officer. As an Executive Assistant, you will provide high-level administrative support to ensure they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and initiatives You will also manage the business office functions and travel support for the Sr. Chief of Staff & Administrative Officer, ensuring on-time payments and reimbursements. You will be responsible for ensuring that administrative team step backs and other events are executed and deemed high-quality from a logistics and budget standpoint, and support large scale events as needed.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas.
Compensation & Benefits
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $50,500 and $59,600, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
- Outline, share, and follow month-end reconciliation process with leaders
- Ensure that all purchase card transactions have adequate descriptions and appropriate account codes
- Monitor reimbursements and team budget
- Reconcile American Express Card purchases for leadership teams (VP level and above) upon request
- Submit all proper documentation to business office by the 3rd business day of each month
- Partner with the Board Services team to plan events
- Draft initial communication or follow up communication for review
- Set appointments, travel, and corresponding needs for the Sr. Chief of Staff & Administrative Officer
- Manage updates to the team Hubsite
- Conserve Sr. Chief of Staff & Administrative Officer time as best as possible
- Assist with calendaring and communication of pre-meeting requests and post-meeting follow-ups
- Lead cross-team groups to execute on key initiatives, projects, and events
- Support team (and cross-team) events, trainings, and meetings as needed for strategic priorities, including step backs
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed by deadline and deliver on all agreed-to commitments and hold others accountable to do the same
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage through influence and across lines of difference
- Impeccable organization and time management
- Ability to anticipate and independently manage many small details for daily execution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ successful experience supporting executives in a fast-paced, quickly changing, and highly ambiguous environment, and managing projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders[AL1]
- Minimum of 2 years as an executive assistant or assistant
- Goal 1: 100% of business office responsibilities (American Express/TM Requisitions) are completed within deadline, resulting in on-time payments, reimbursements and procurement regulatory procedures are following business/HQ policy and ensuring that all purchases follow all IDEA board policies.
- Goal 2: 100% Consistently Manage Communication and Calendar for the Sr. Chief of Staff & Administrative Officer to ensure they achieves 100% driving goals.
- Schedule check ins with direct reports
- Schedule business partnership meetings with chiefs
- Schedule administrative team quarterly step backs
- Manage Sr. Chief of Staff & Administrative Officer calendar to make sure no overlapping or conflicts on any meetings
- Goal 3: Project Management: 100% of Projects and Tasks assigned by Sr. Chief of Staff & Administrative Officer are reported as performed satisfactory or very satisfactorily.
- Administrative lead team tactical - Mondays
- Goal 4: Project Management: 100% of Administrative Team Operating Mechanism Meetings are executed and ready 3 days before event and are 90% satisfied/highly satisfied with logistics.
- Administrative Lead team Tactical
- Administrative Team Quarterlies
- Administrative Team Strategy
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment: https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/.