Finance Compliance Administrator
IDEA Public Schools is seeking a Finance Compliance Administrator to join our growing Business Office team. As the Finance Compliance Administrator, you will report to the Finance Compliance Manager and support the Finance and Compliance team regarding all aspects of federal, state and local financial compliance. More specifically, you will manage the financial compliance projects to ensure IDEA achieves its short and long term goals on time and on target.
As a member of the National team, you will support all regions across four states to achieve annual operating income goals while remaining good stewards of public funds and donations. You will be the subject matter expert on the team’s project management tools, administration and provide support as our team’s liaison to set collaboration time and establish strong consistent channels for communication to all departments. You will also provide expert guidance on how it impacts the organization as those projects are related to federal, state, and local financial laws, policies, and procedures and be adept at translating them to stakeholders across the organization.
This is a full-time, immediate opening based in Texas. While this is a remote role, preference will be given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Greater Houston, Permian Basin, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, or Tarrant County, or who are willing to relocate.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $50,500 and $59,600, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment, including the availability of funds for incentive compensation.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
In this role you will:
- Work with other IDEA departments and Business Office staff and the Compliance Team to ensure an accurate, timely efficient and transparent process for the entire project management life cycle, from initiation to close.
- Collaborate with the Manager to help facilitate the monitoring and reporting of IDEA’s federal and state grant portfolio.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the Manager on the development of each project on all grants and grant compliance and interpretation of relevant state and federal requirements, including EDGAR and the Uniform Guidance as well as other related Federal and State regulations and legislation and board policy.
- Develop and inform the Financial Compliance Team on the calendar of events as it relates to important deadlines, and reporting for each grant federal or state across the network.
- Participate and contribute on special projects with a focus on compliance, related to corrective action plans, internal audits and external audits for the team.
- Create and develop high level dashboards and reports that are user friendly in collaboration with the Directors to include important milestones, deadlines and progress toward goals
- Project plan for each grant with the help of each Director to ensure milestones, reporting and deadlines are met on time.
- Prepare and collaborate with the Financial Compliance Manager using the project management software platform and provide weekly reporting to the VP of Financial Compliance and Grants
- Create and or refine standard operating procedures and trainings to ensure they are relevant and current.
- Collaborate with other functional directors for any procedures which have yet to be published to support in the development of a new document/training to best benefit our team.
- Assist the Team in providing guidance and assistance through the development of compliance checklists and other standardized forms to help manage the requirements related to each federal and state grant.
- Provide guidance and assistance for the preparation and maintenance of all compliance related documentation (e.g., time and effort reports, job descriptions, etc.) and report the filing of records to the Records Management Officer and/or the Directors.
- Provide guidance and assistance to conduct monthly check-ins with external and internal evaluation partners on progress towards the agreed upon scope of work, milestones and deliverables as outlined in the CIP/DIP.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Directors to conduct monthly, cross-functional grant reporting meetings and establish systems for Program Managers to access data from teams across the organization.
- Support the VP of Finance Compliance and Grants in building and revising finance policies across legal entities
- Prepare sufficiently detailed time accounting records for the work performed for different cost objectives in a manner consistent with applicable Federal and state requirements, Board policy and administrative procedure. (i.e. time and effort for other network entities)
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- PMP Certification or working towards completion
- 2+ years’ experience in a school system, or non-profit organization
- Project management software experience with a strong focus on Wrike required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource and Planning Software preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders of varying degrees of analytical understanding
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines
- Hold ethics and values to high standards
As part of the Finance Compliance team, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
- Ensure there are zero “material weakness” or “significant deficiency” findings in external audits of any grants within the IDEA portfolio for the 2022-2023 school year.
- 100% of grant reports and grant amendments for the 2022-2023 school year are submitted on-time and with the grantor’s approval
- Lead team to achieve 100% of the philanthropic and competitive funds grant program goals.
- 100% of budget-expenditures alignment in FY ’22-23.
- Meet the milestones for the Corrective Action Plans as developed and implemented by the team.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness, kindness, and inclusivity for our students and staff, and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures.
Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.