School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Role Mission: The Facilities Finance and Procurement Manager is responsible for the overall planning, execution, and oversight of the competitive bid process to create efficiency, drive value, and ensure compliance. This role will be responsible for sourcing vendors from many different areas including, but not limited to waste management, lawn care, facilities supplies and materials, building and preventative maintenance, uniforms, playgrounds, and contracted services.
The Facilities Finance and Procurement Manager conducts sourcing activities in accordance with local, state, and national policies and procedures. Sourcing activities includes preparing solicitations, publication, and distribution of solicitations for bid or proposal, analysis of solicitation responses and final award. This role will negotiate with vendors for the best pricing for goods and/or services while making sure that all legal requirements of the process are met. Other responsibilities consist of quickly resolving customer complaints, vendor deficiencies, and any performance issues associated with their solicitations and/or contracts.
Zero findings in external and internal follow-up audits
• Research, understand, and internalize all procurement requirements and guidance that apply to IDEA Public Schools pertaining to the use of state and federal dollars, including procurement thresholds.
• Lead efforts to understand state and local procurement policies for expansion to new states and regions, including Jacksonville, FL, Cincinnati, OH, and Arkansas.
• Review, develop, and recommend changes and/or create internal practices that are aligned to those policies in new regions and states.
• Identify existing policies and practices within procurement that are out-of-line with existing state, federal, and local regulation and provide recommendations to remediate.
• Review existing purchasing cooperative agreements to ensure compliance with federal and state procurement guidelines.
• Maintains Construction Documents Checklist to ensure all required contracts and documentation have been properly executed and filed within IDEA’s database
Write, publish, and evaluate RFPs/IFBs for either new or existing services required by the Facilities and Construction Department.
• Collaborate with members within the Facilities and Construction Team to determine which agreements are near expiration and prepare to solicit new bids and select providers. This may take place at the national level or within specific regions.
• Develop and deploy an evaluation tool to measure the effectiveness and quality of new and existing vendors.
• Partner with campus Facility Managers and Regional Managers of Facilities to evaluate the performance of vendors at our schools.
Achieve a 5% cost reduction on for competitively bid items while maintaining quality.
• Identify strategies to drive value in the bidding process with both front-end pricing considerations as well as back-end rebates and discounts.
• Identify new purchasing cooperatives that may drive value more effectively than our existing agreements.
• In conjunction with the Director of Procurement negotiate with existing vendors to increase savings or create more efficient processes to reduce direct and in-direct costs.
• Review existing agreements to recommend improvements in contract terms, reduce risk, mitigate waste, and streamline the procurement process.
100% of all Capital Expense HQ managed projects pay apps are paid within net 30 days
• All documentation complete and uploaded into Tyler Munis by June 30.
• Partner with PMSI and Business Office to track and process all pay apps
• Maintain pay app tracker up to date and communicate with all stakeholders
Ensures 100% of schools are fully operational by the first day of school
• In conjunction with the Procurement Project Manager, support launching schools with the tracking, delivery, installation, and setup of critical systems.
• Based on purchasing agreements and contracts, codify warranty and customer support mechanisms to ensure campuses receive maximum value from their material goods.
• With the Procurement Budget Analyst, deploy and maintain an inventory management system equipment paid for by the Schools of Hope funding stream in Florida.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. It is recommended that you include a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in IDEA and how your experience has prepared you for this position.