Role Mission: The PEIMS Manager leads the portfolio of all work relating to the clear and accurate management of Texas state reporting at IDEA Public Schools. The manager will design, implement, and improve processes, systems and accountabilities to ensure all stakeholders are empowered to support state and federal reporting. The PEIMS Manager will report directly to the Director of State Reporting.
This is a full-time position with remote or in-person availability based in Texas with some travel within Texas to be expected. Preference given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin (Midland/Odessa), Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, and Tarrant County (Fort Worth), or who are willing to relocate.
100% Data Accuracy as measured by the TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS) and State/Federal Submissions
- Responsible for the execution of more than 10 Texas PEIMS/TSDS data collections while ensuring all 123 Texas schools have 100% data quality regarding student, staff, and finance data
- Serves as the in-house expert on state student data accuracy and submissions, overseeing the design, implementation and accountability for Data Accuracy for TX across Information Systems
- Invests HQ business process stewards in continuous learning and improvement of state and federal data collection processes by increasing awareness of changes and opportunities for learning, establishing strong business partnerships with stakeholders, and holding stewards and stakeholders accountable for defined data collection scopes of work.
- Develops robust protocols and drives organizational accountability by proactively managing changes, updates, and requests by the Texas Education Agency to ensure IDEA Public Schools meets all obligations
- Drive accountability across the organization by identifying risks, increasing visibility, and operationalizing mechanisms for accountability
- Responsible for continuous improvement of state and federal data collection efforts across required business processes.
Achieve 100% Beginning of Year Readiness for SIS Data Operations by the First Day of School
- Lead review and update of automated processes, reports, etc. for the new academic year submission of student data
- Identifies opportunities and challenges, and drive design for meaningful reform to expand capacity and build efficiencies each year by partnering with business process owners on the annual review of data collection efforts within their scopes of work.
- Oversee the development and adoption of data visibility tools such as PowerBi dashboards and reports to increase accessibility to HQ stakeholders and campus staff
- Designs effective training and rollout strategies with buy-in from business process owners
- Designs effective data management and syncing practices in partnership with the Director of Data Services and data stewards across the organization
Ensures state and federal data compliance business continuity through centralized documentation and project management
- Institutionalize the knowledge of state and federal data compliance processes through training and centralized documentation
- Identifies opportunities and challenges for meaningful reform to expand capacity and build efficiencies each year
- Communicates state and federal updates and new process requirements to leadership teams
- Create and implement efficient and visible project plans for all PEIMS data collections
Excellent Customer Service
- Communicate with school staff, administrators, parents, and outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities, and resolve issues, concerns and questions regarding SIS data and directives
- Build a culture of analytics and accountability, within Information Systems and across the district, to ensure campus, regional, and national staff are working smarter versus harder in identifying root causes behind gaps and meaningful interventions
- Support campus and regional leaders by conduction office hours and townhalls to field questions, listen to concerns, identify pain points in data processes, and ultimately drive necessary change to increase efficiency of data operations
- PEIMS team with Zendesk tickets 95% completed on time and 95% customer satisfaction
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Management, or Information Technology
- Experience: 5+ years of PEIMS experience in an educational setting
- Knowledge on analyzing and editing database extracted files
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems and SQL queries preferred
- Exceptional data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Solutions orientations
- Ability to manage multiple critical projects, sometimes with competing timelines
- Ability to engage stakeholders, end users, and thought partners in process improvement
- Strong communication & presentation skills
Commitment to Diversity and Core Values:
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Our core values are:
- We Act with Integrity: We put the best interests of the IDEA Team & Family—and most importantly our students—at the forefront of all our decisions and actions, taking personal responsibility to model the honest and ethical behavior we want our students and each other to demonstrate every day.
- We Build Team & Family: We foster a sense of belonging and inclusivity by treating every member of the IDEA Team & Family—our students, staff, families, and community—with compassion, respect, and humility. We maximize our individual best efforts through collaboration and support of each other in the focused pursuit of our collective mission.
- We Achieve Academic Excellence: We believe ensuring college success for 100% of our students is the best way to help them succeed in life and in seeing obstacles they face as opportunities for learning and growth. Every member of the IDEA Team & Family works together to ensure each student on every campus and in every classroom receives a high-quality education.
- We Deliver Results: We set ambitious goals, hold ourselves and each other accountable for achieving results, and believe that our students will succeed to and through college. Our results show what’s possible when the adults in the system get it right and represent the collective effort and focus of the entire IDEA Team & Family.
- We Ensure Equity: We set high expectations and share compassion and empathy for every member of the IDEA Team & Family. We differentiate our support and resources, proactively address racism and discrimination, and advocate alongside our students and staff to empower them with the opportunities to succeed and ensure the respect they deserve.
- We Bring Joy: We create a positive, uplifting, and joyful environment for every member of the IDEA Team & Family, every single day. We operate with a sense of optimism, and our traditions celebrate learning, growth, and the accomplishments of our students, staff, and community.
- We Sweat the Small Stuff: We embrace that achieving excellence lies in paying attention to and carrying out the details—the ‘small stuff’—that go into effective execution and positive implementation. Every step of the way, the IDEA Team & Family prioritizes actions contributing to our mission of College for All.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
The PEIMS Manger must currently live in or be willing to relocate to Texas, with preference for one of our regions in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, or Tarrant County.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.