School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Intern
Role Mission: Transportation Team’s mission is to provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may receive educational opportunities and enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the IDEA’s curriculum and extracurricular programs.
Supporting Transportation Team
• Preparing training materials
• Arranging site logistics across different regions
• Working with the distribution of supplies
• Helping “behind the scenes” during trainings
• Supporting and processing monthly transactions
• Assisting with other items Transportation related
• Organizing calendar sessions
• Support with technology set up and trouble-shooting
• Passion for working for underserved communities
• Unwavering belief that all children can go to college
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• Able to commit to working 25-30 hours a week (virtual and onsite)
• At least 48 hours complete of college coursework (preferred, not required)
• Currently enrolled at a college or university
• Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (preferred)
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
• Comfort presenting to groups
• Organized and detail oriented
• Quick to problem-solve logistical challenges
• Highly proficient with the use of software (Excel, Word, and Outlook, willing to work any new software)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: clear/personable/enthusiastic
Reports to: Director of Transportation Finance & Warehousing
Commitment to Diversity and Core Values:
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Our core values are:
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.