Role Mission: Provide onsite support for the accounts payable team to ensure implementation of policies and procedures are followed for the Child Nutrition Program transactions. Will follow established procedures to maintain accounting records, process accounts payables according to standard procedures and comply with state and federal laws, regulations and guidance.
A/P to audit and review 25% of invoices submitted by campuses
- Perform AP field audits to assign campus in a timely manner and keep all documentation filed and organized and perform follow up audits as needed
- Make recommendations on improvements to department forms & documents to align with state guidelines and compliance, as needed
- Present trainings (i.e PowerPoints) for our managers to keep our department audit ready as needed
- Ensure 100% accuracy matching information from Tyler Munis to that of vendor(s) invoice
AP Clerk to post 85% of invoices on Aging Report <30 days from due date from their Assigned Vendors or Region by EOY
- Align departmental process to that of our business office and attend organizational trainings as needed
- Review Invoice Aging Report to ensure any assigned vendors are reviewed and processed in a timely manner
- Communicate with vendors if account payable errors are identified and quickly resolve
- Perform a three-way match on invoices to ensure completeness and accuracy on invoices and shipments
100% of monthly vendor statements reconciliations completed by EOM
- Make sure all assigned vendor statements are reviewed, reconciled and any issues resolved in a monthly basis
- Update internal excel reconciliation excel tool to assist with end of month closing
- Request current statements for all department vendors on a as needed basis
- Upload all monthly current statements to departments shared file for documentation and for internal audits
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
CNP Department roll over less than 20 POs from the previous SY
- Review department Open PO report on a weekly basis to ensure only current POs are on report and payments process in a timely manner
- Will close department POs for assigned vendors in a timely manner to re-encumber funds to GL Accounts
- Will review open po report to ensure payments are processed in a timely manner
- To update Finance Supervisor and work closely with Business Office to ensure all current fiscal year POs are processed for payment by End of Year deadline
100 % of monthly accruals are submitted by EOM Deadline
- Each AP clerk to submit monthly invoices that were not paid/posted by EOM deadline, when expenses were incurred
- Accruals will assist our department to view accurate financials monthly for when expenses are incurred, and not paid due to pending proper receiving requirements, invoices not entered in a timely manner, a valid Purchase Order was not created
- AP Clerk will submit their accruals via excel to the CNP Financia Assistant Manger by the 7th business day
- AP Clerk will provide ideas or recommendations on improvements to the accrual process
- AP Clerk will ensure accruals are a priority to clear before the next month end close
- Mission Focus- focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Managing Others to Deliver Results -- leads team to achieve measurable and ambitious results
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Coaching & Developing – develops team through formal and informal methods; makes professional development a top priority
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Experience: (Required) High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: (Required) 1-2 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or finance
- Experience: (Preferred) Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance-related field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook and manage meetings, trainings and schedules
- Computer literacy, Microsoft and Excel software experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to implement & follow policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong mathm and accounting skills
- Ability to handle accounts payabe for separate entiteis and vendors
- Establising and maintinig relationships with new and existing vendors
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, and other charges to invoices submitted for payment
Commitment to Diversity and Core Values:
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Our core values are:
- We Act with Integrity: We put the best interests of the IDEA Team & Family—and most importantly our students—at the forefront of all our decisions and actions, taking personal responsibility to model the honest and ethical behavior we want our students and each other to demonstrate every day.
- We Build Team & Family: We foster a sense of belonging and inclusivity by treating every member of the IDEA Team & Family—our students, staff, families, and community—with compassion, respect, and humility. We maximize our individual best efforts through collaboration and support of each other in the focused pursuit of our collective mission.
- We Achieve Academic Excellence: We believe ensuring college success for 100% of our students is the best way to help them succeed in life and in seeing obstacles they face as opportunities for learning and growth. Every member of the IDEA Team & Family works together to ensure each student on every campus and in every classroom receives a high-quality education.
- We Deliver Results: We set ambitious goals, hold ourselves and each other accountable for achieving results, and believe that our students will succeed to and through college. Our results show what’s possible when the adults in the system get it right and represent the collective effort and focus of the entire IDEA Team & Family.
- We Ensure Equity: We set high expectations and share compassion and empathy for every member of the IDEA Team & Family. We differentiate our support and resources, proactively address racism and discrimination, and advocate alongside our students and staff to empower them with the opportunities to succeed and ensure the respect they deserve.
- We Bring Joy: We create a positive, uplifting, and joyful environment for every member of the IDEA Team & Family, every single day. We operate with a sense of optimism, and our traditions celebrate learning, growth, and the accomplishments of our students, staff, and community.
- We Sweat the Small Stuff: We embrace that achieving excellence lies in paying attention to and carrying out the details—the ‘small stuff’—that go into effective execution and positive implementation. Every step of the way, the IDEA Team & Family prioritizes actions contributing to our mission of College for All.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The hourly rate for this role typically fall between $18.49-$23.11, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications
- This role is eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.