After School Enrichment Specialist - IDEA Tarrant Countyn (Immediate Opening)
School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Tarrant County Regional Office
Region: Tarrant County, TX
Job Type: Part-Time
The Enrichment Specialists will facilitate after school programming for priority students, focusing on academic support, enrichment opportunities, and college/career readiness. Enrichment Specialists will work with the Program Manager and Site Coordinator to ensure programs enhance the vision and priorities of the Region. Enrichment Specialists work after school for 3 hours Monday-Thursday.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom.
- Actively supervise and monitor students at all times
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Provide enrichment and recreation leadership for the program students.
- Support scholars as they attend virtual tutoring sessions by providing materials, technical assistance and motivating and monitoring engagement and progress.
- Facilitate planned enrichment and/or recreational activities to group of students (average group size 15).
- Assists in developing students’ cognitive capacity, increasing academic skill development, and respect for learning.
- Foster students’ self-esteem and motivation through positive interaction.
- Be directly supervised by the Site Coordinator and Program Manager for the TCLAS and the grant guidelines.
- Attend scheduled meetings and trainings with Site Coordinator and Program Manager to coordinate program design, evaluation process, and outreach efforts.
- Work closely with Site Coordinator and Program Manager to: identify daily schedule/rotation,
- Abide by all IDEA campus rules and procedures.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college.
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results and wants to be held accountable for them.
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly.
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization.
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes.
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behavior as models for our colleagues and students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment.
- Ability to track data weekly and monthly for reporting.
- Compensation will be based on regional scale for role