Position at IDEA Public Schools
The Budget Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) supports a portfolio of campus and regional leadership at IDEA to meet and exceed the organization’s ambitious financial and student achievement goals. In this role you will work with national, regional, and school teams to increase efficiency and provide a high level of support in meeting budgeting and forecasting goals.
To be successful in this position you must be an expert in excel, be able to analyze complex information and relay high-level reporting to stakeholders with varying levels of expertise.
This is a remote position which will require some travel within your assigned region (Austin/San Antonio/Fort Worth/El Paso/Rio Grande Valley/Houston).
*Preference will be given to candidates who live in or near the region they will cover or who are willing to relocate.
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $55,000 and $65,000, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organization goal attainment.
In this role you will:
- Build the budget shell and collect detailed budgets while ensuring they meet target by fund and overall target.
- Build the regional staffing roster shell and maintain employee rosters based on current staffing models.
- Build the budget detail shell and perform audits against the summary of finance function regulations.
- Assist in budget preparation and management by collecting, forecasting and performing other analyses of data from various departments including staffing and operating budget targets.
- Perform budget audit checks to establish school/regional budget targets, review expenses by fund, revenue by fund, target by orgs, etc.
- Analyze quantitative data for current trends, opportunities, processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI, financial, and operational impacts of ongoing programs as well as new initiatives.
- Supports the Regional FP&A Director with the creation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, trends by object and function for FP&A team and other ad hoc analyses.
- Collaborate with Business Office team members to troubleshoot issues such as reclassifications, object coding corrections and other financial discrepancies.
- Ensure assigned Zendesk tickets are responded to on or before the two-business day deadline with a high level of customer service
- Create and Maintain templates, reports and other training documents for use on campuses/teams and the regional levels including populating & validating financial and KPI data
As a member of the Business department, you will be responsible for assisting in the achievement of the following goals:
- Upload a regional balanced budget by the start of the new fiscal year
- Upload a board approved budget by July 1 across all portfolio regions and have 100% detail for each organization for operating, staffing and summer school discretionary allocations in the Annual Planning and Budgeting Application.
- Achieve the regional operating income target by the end of the fiscal year. 80% of organizations end the year on discretionary target or with a surplus. 10% Regional Budget to Actuals variance at end of year
- 95% Zendesk Customer service by the end of the fiscal year by region with no more than 5% breached Tickets.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or economics required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in financial data analysis required. 3-4 years’ experience in financial data analysis preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Power BI, and Enterprise Resource Planning Software
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting practices required
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders of varying degrees of analytical understanding
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Constantly searching for and learning more regarding analysis methods and tools
- Organizing own work and work of others, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines
- Hold ethics and values to high standards
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.