Role Mission: The School Monitor is responsible for ensuring the safety of students by providing supervisory monitoring of students at various times of the days including before/after school and during lunch/recess.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Supervision of Students
- Provide a safe and orderly environment for students
- Monitors students during bus drop off, arrival, and after school.
- Monitors halls during student arrival and during lunch.
- Maintain assigned lunch schedule for all grade levels without delay
- Supervise and assist students through serving line to ensure assigned lunch periods remain on schedule
- Supervise lunchroom to maintain orderly conduct
- Supervise students during recess and rotate through the lunchroom at scheduled time
- Assists with general food needs such as assisting students with opening food containers, discarding food during meals, and general cleanliness of cafeteria.
- Assists and supports student behavior management. Refers and communicates behavioral concerns and inappropriate conduct to appropriate administrative personnel.
- Performs related duties as required.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Enjoys working with children
- Manages students in a firm and fair manner
- Strong communication skills with students and staff
- Flexibility to change
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with students preferred
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of $ 10.00 hr
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. It is recommended that you include a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in IDEA and how your experience has prepared you for this position.