School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Managing Director of HR Compliance & Risk Management
IDEA Public Schools is searching for a Managing Director of Compliance & Risk Management to lead staff compliance, risk management, and employee credentialing for an organization with over 12,000 employees across 11 regions in 4 states. The ideal candidate will have significant experience and expertise in these areas, along with the ability to create and implement a vision and execute on a plan to deliver intended outcomes throughout our organization, in support of our mission of 100% College For All.
In this role you will:
· Ensure all IDEA staff know their compliance responsibilities and can track their progress toward completion of high-quality compliance training
· Partner with department leaders to surface and track training requirements by department and role
· Produce comprehensive, easy-to-use Employee Handbooks for each state, updated annually
· Create systems to document and track all professional requirements for all roles at IDEA across all states
· Ensure all staff are appropriately registered for required credentials and in compliance with state and federal expectations
· Ensure all staff can complete, track, and document required professional development for their role, especially where it must be completed in partnership with local districts
· Develop strong business partnerships with stakeholders across the organization such that at least 95% are satisfied or highly satisfied with the quality of the work
Required Experience and Certifications:
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Commitment to Diversity and Core Values
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Compensation & Benefits
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $100,700 and $125,800, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment. Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package, including four weeks of school vacation time in addition to 15 annual Personal Time Off (PTO) days. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
The MD of Compliance and Risk Management must currently live in or be willing to relocate to Texas, with preference for one of our regions in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin, San Antonio, Tarrant County, or Rio Grande Valley.
Travel Expectations: up to 10% of the time during the busiest parts of the year