This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Austin Regional Office
Region: Greater Austin, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Treasury
Treasury Department, Business Office
IDEA Public Schools
The Business Office at IDEA Public Schools strives to support leadership as we work together to meet and exceed our ambitious financial and student achievement goals. The Business Office’s Treasury Team aims to serve as the heart of IDEA’s financial growth engine by providing best-in-class leadership in the areas of debt financing, financial modeling, cash management and real estate.
As Director of Treasury, you will lead complex, high-stakes work through significant partnership with and influence of senior internal leaders and external stakeholders. Reporting to the VP of Treasury, you will be responsible for leading real estate acquisition and facilities financing in at least one state, beginning with Florida. You will also develop and own relationships with key lenders in related regions and serve as the bridge between IDEA and third-party vendors on portfolio projects, including commercial realtors and construction project management firms. You will also collaborate with the VP of Treasury, Chief Financial Officer, and external financial advisors to develop vision for and execute on operational and strategic issues within the area of treasury and cash management, including portfolio investment decisions and commercial banking business operations and relationships.
This is a full-time, 40-hour-per-week position based in Texas with preference given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, or Tarrant County, or who are willing to relocate. The role will begin in October 2022 and require limited (less than 10%) travel, primarily for team meetings, conferences, and professional development events. The position will form part of an expanding Treasury & Grants team offering career growth opportunities.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $91,100 and $112,900, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits, as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
In this role you will:
· Lead real estate acquisition in at least one state where IDEA operates, beginning with Florida.
· Set the vision and strategy for interim and long-term facilities financing in Florida and other portfolio states, as well as drive all aspects of the facilities financing process for portfolio regions.
· Lead the research, identification, and pursuit of opportunities to increase access to working capital in growing portfolio regions.
· Collaborate with senior finance leadership and financial planning/analysis team to successfully issue bond series for continued expansion within and outside of Texas.
· Partner with the VP of Treasury to build critical treasury infrastructure, including recruiting and hiring new staff, updating and executing best-in-class treasury policies and practices, and implementing technology solutions where appropriate.
· Provide strategic guidance for other members of the treasury team in the areas of cash management and forecasting, debt analysis, capital expenditure investments, and post-issuance compliance practices.
· Assist with other projects, as directed by the VP of Treasury and Chief Financial Officer.
Desired skills and experience:
• Education: (Required) Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public/non-profit administration, accounting, finance, economics or related field; (Preferred) Master’s degree or higher in business administration, public/non-profit administration, accounting, finance, economics or related field
• Experience: (Required) 2-5 years in financial planning & analysis, real estate finance, accounting, investment banking, consulting, public finance, corporate finance, public/non-profit management, or related field; (Preferred) 5-7 years in financial planning & analysis, real estate finance, accounting, investment banking, consulting, public finance, corporate finance, public/non-profit management, or related field; (Preferred) Experience working within the education and/or public charter school sector.
• (Required) Mastery in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with other key Microsoft Suite programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). (Preferred) Experience with online bank treasury platforms
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Proven track record of data management and analysis.
• Excellent presentation and communications skills (verbal and written).
• Hold ethics and values to high standards.
As part of the Treasury team, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness, kindness, and inclusivity for our students and staff, and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures.
Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA
Include links to sites that are relevant to the position