Role Mission: The Assistant Principal of Operations (APO) manages campus operations for each IDEA site (two schools) and is responsible for achieving operational excellence across non-instructional areas, including front office management, student information systems, child nutrition, transportation, health services, business office, facility maintenance, new construction management, technology coordination, student recruitment and enrollment.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
85% Ops Staff Retention
- Responsible for ensuring top performers occupy every seat across all operations roles
- Institutes operating mechanisms that facilitate the ongoing coaching and support of team members (check-ins, tactical meetings, regular observation and feedback sessions, high-quality talent review process and staff development cycle)
- Leverages the APO Priorities Calendar; routinely assesses team members based on progress toward goals as well as principal and HQ feedback; prioritizes support accordingly
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy and College Prep by the first day of school
- Develops and executes student recruitment efforts that target families with school-aged children immediately surrounding each school
- Leads team to recruit new families with specific applicant goals per grade level--3:1 ratio (open grade levels) while ensuring applications are high quality and ultimately lead to enrollment
- Ensures all new families are effectively onboarded and persist through their first year
- Complies with all federal, state, and organizational student registration requirements throughout the enrollment process (i.e. transfers, testing, etc.)
97.5% Average Daily Attendance (ADA) for Academy and College Prep
- Ensures new and existing families know and understand attendance expectations, with a particular emphasis on PreK and Kinder families
- Manages team on the implementation of standardized accountability frameworks to ensure adherence to the outlined ADA policy at each school (i.e. escalation matrix, official attendance taking time, etc.)
- Tracks data on a daily and cumulative basis and makes it visible to key stake-holders; identifies trends and course-corrects in a targeted way week-over-week
- Implements best practices and leverages tracking mechanisms to positively impact ADA progress toward goals (PTGs)
- Works with school lead teams to invest, motivate and implement ADA plans to achieve maximum impact
- Complies with all federal and state ADA guidelines by performing regular and ongoing audits, staying abreast of changes in ADA policy and procedures, and effectively monitoring team members
90% new student persistence for Academy and College Prep
- Co-leads efforts with Academic Counselors to create an environment where students learn, thrive and have fun (school culture, praise and recognition, in and out of school events calendar, etc.)
- Implements an ongoing monitoring system that reviews and addresses parent and student feedback, particularly as it relates to non-instructional services and support
- Manages new family onboarding from the time a parent applies to IDEA through their first year in our schools
Achieves Operational and Financial Excellence in Auxiliary Services (cost/sqft, cost/rider, CNP fund balance)
- Ensures all Auxiliary support services provide best-in-class customer service while achieving operational efficiency and financial targets
- Indirectly manages and provides day-to-day tactical oversight and support in the areas of Transportation, and Child Nutrition (CNP)
- Directly manages and is responsible for coaching and mentoring of Certified Nurse’s Assistants (CNAs) and Facilities Managers
Campus safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Responsible for managing all Beginning of Year (BOY) efforts with a specific focus on:
- 100% of positions filled, staff onboarded and in attendance at summer training
- 5 average score on both the parent and staff BOY surveys
- ≥90 score on BOY quality scorecard
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Over 8 Direct Reports, including but not limited to:
- SIS Coordinator
- Cafeteria Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Health Aide
- Business Clerk
- Facilities Manager
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience: Experience managing and developing others to achieve ambitious results
What We Offer
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $73,955 and $83,717, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.