Role Mission: The mission for the Registrar is to achieve 97.5% average daily attendance, 100% enrollment, maintain 100% data accuracy and 100% compliance with IDEA’s attendance procedures. The Registrar organizes all of the campus operation tasks with key stakeholders and executes campus operation processes that bind to our student information system (PowerSchool).
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
97.50% ADA for Academy & College Prep
- Owns the attendance process for College Prep students
- Works with students, staff and parents to ensure students attend school every day
- Communicates attendance reporting to staff, including: Chronic absenteeism, Progress Towards Goal by Day, Absence calculator
- Documents all attendance changes and corrects attendance data within 24 hours
- Ensure teacher attendance submission is in line with official attendance taking time
- Ensures all paper rosters are signed and dated (if applicable)
- Ensures all attendance report submissions are submitted on time
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy & College Prep
- Paper attendance and student enrollment reconciliation processes solidified two weeks prior to school
- Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school
100% of Student Records received by the First Week of School (FWOS)
- Student records are requested timely from other districts
- All records requests fulfilled within 10 days
- All PEIMS deadlines are met based on the SIS operating calendar
- Increase awareness and provide consistent communication with all key stakeholders (PEIMS Data Quality Team – including Academic Counselor, ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, and Cafeteria Manager)
- Increase awareness with key stakeholders (including ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, HQ SPED Clerk and SPED teachers)
- 25% of cumulative folders completed by September, 50% by October, and 75% by November
- Grade Verification, Re-registration, End of Year tasks, PET/PID, School and Section Enrollment Audits, Transcripts are completed timely and accurately
100% of Existing Students Registered by May 1
- Works closely with parents and business partners to ensure that parents are able to re-register through appropriate channels
- Campus safe and operational one week before the first day of school
- Create paper rosters for the official attendance taking period (OATP)
- Verify enrollment numbers prior to the daily enrollment call
- If enrollment numbers are not met, create a plan to address the gap
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: Experience with records or student information desired
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $18.49 for 0 years of experience and $23.11
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.