The Procurement Administrator will assist with the purchase of goods, materials and services for assigned cost centers to ensure that the IDEA Public Schools operational needs are met, taking into account price, quantity, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of resources to the organization. The vision of the Procurement Administrator is to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction by facilitating the efficient acquisition of goods and services, including leveraging our ERP system to facilitate BID/RFP processes, while keeping in compliance with local policy, procedures and State and Federal regulations.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $46,300 and $54,200, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
In this role you will:
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with IDEA policy
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply issues which may pose a risk or impact business operations
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance, reduce cost, and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement related to vendor selection and pricing
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships including identification and fostering of strategic suppliers
- Maintain 100% compliance of local, State and Federal guidelines, during supplier negotiations and contract award process
- Assist requisitioners with 2-quote process and comparison matrix, as needed
- Research and evaluate existing and new suppliers for supply chain issues, quality standards, cost, consistency, and customer service
- Review and process vendor add requests in MUNIS within 1 business day of the request
- Provide support to end users via conference call or onsite training to “close the procurement gap” related to coding, required supporting documentation for requisitions or vendor issues
- Support Assistant Director of Procurement and Procurement Analyst team with RFP/BIDS process from start to finish of the process
- Assist with organizing and tracking data for all awarded RFP/BIDS
- Maintain record retention for ALL RFP/BIDS
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities towards savings by utilizing negotiation and procurement best practices in line with internal policy
- Act as liaison between campuses/departments and vendors, ensuring all contracts are approved and signed by the required individuals or groups
- Enter and track all contracts into Tyler Munis within 2 business days of execution. Ensure contract number is provided to all end users and vendors
- Communicate with vendors to ensure all invoices include appropriate contract numbers and information
- Work collaboratively and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise stakeholders of any impact.
- Attend meetings and update stakeholders on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organization meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns.
- Remain up to date with new regulations and changes from TEA, USDOE, and other governing bodies.
- Identify and communicate with end user when Bid/RFP is required and assist in completion of Bid/RFP process as needed
- Ensure all submitted grant and public works contracts include supporting documentation
- Ensure no vendor relations are entered into with vendors whom have been debarred
- Obtain additional quotes and documentation as needed to ensure contract compliance
- Maintain open communication with staff across IDEA’s regions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business or Accounting preferred) or relevant job experience
- 1-3 years of previous experience in procurement and accounting, preferably in an education environment
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, 10 key
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, purchasing and invoicing supplies, equipment, and services
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Ability to analyze and organize a complex filing system of bid-related documentation
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
- Strong math, analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential
- Detail oriented team player
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
As part of the Finance team, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
- 100% of procurement is in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- 100% of vendor contracts approved according to Board Policy guidelines
- 100% State and Federal grant-related and public works contracts are in compliance
- 95% Zendesk Customer service by the end of the fiscal year by region with no more than 5% breached Tickets.
Physical Requirements: (Optional)
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
· Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 15 pounds (occasionally)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA