Role Mission: Provide safe transportation for SPED and/or RISE students to and from home and campus daily while reducing operational cost.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $16.43) for 0 years of experience and $18.45
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Flexible Credits Plan: IDEA provides full-time eligible employees $1,000-$2,000 per year (pro-rated for mid-year hires) to use towards a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or receive as a taxable cash benefit.
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Must be able to assist the SPED Monitor and students with equipment such as wheelchairs, car seats, child safety restraints, and any other equipment required by the IEP.
- Be able to participate in ARD and IEP Meetings with Special Education personnel and Principals
- Able to conduct pre and post trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance related issues to SPED Transportation Manager
- Be able to report every morning to your SPED Transportation Manager or Campus Leaders of your availability status
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: Minimal 1 year experience driving a non-CDL vehicle passenger vehicle
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work with open calendar
- Must be able to work on evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Expected to work a minimum of 32 hours per week – not including extra-curricular activities assigned by campus
- Must be able to work extended hours when necessary to meet business needs
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Safely transport students
- Drives a SPED approved vehicle safely, in accordance with time schedules
- Transports students to and from their homes, a variety of school sites, and on field trips as assigned
- Oversees the loading and unloading of students; only releases students to authorized individuals; assures that safety belts are fastened in passenger vans
- Maintains order and proper discipline of passengers; resolves disputes; documents and reports severe disciplinary cases
Follow safety rules and procedures
- Conducts established safety and operational inspection of assigned vehicle daily
- Maintains a variety of records and reports including but not limited to mileage, routing, maintenance, and time schedules
- Notifies appropriate individuals of any delays in scheduled route
- Maintains and carries proper credentials updated accordingly to DOT and IDEA policy
Takes direction and feedback well
- Has an open communication channel with campus managers
- Able to accept feedback, both positive and critical
- Able to self –reflect on own performance in order to improve continuously
Manages multiple tasks by prioritizing work
- Needs to adapt to changing circumstances while performing various tasks
- Handles various tasks simultaneously and within established time constraints
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.