The Procurement Analyst will purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the IDEA Public Schools operational needs are met, taking into account price, quantity, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of resources to the organization. The Procurement Analyst will develop and deliver training related to contract requirements and competitive procurement including bids and the RFP process, provide support to all financial management users, set clear expectations for the entire organization’s procurement processing and committed to continuously improve the process which supports and advances the goals of IDEA Public Schools. Vision is to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction by facilitating the efficient acquisition of goods and services, including leveraging our ERP system to facilitate BID/RFP processes, while keeping in compliance with local policy, procedures and State and Federal regulations.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $55,000 and $65,500, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
In this role you will:
- Develop and deliver training related to contract requirements and competitive procurement including BID/ RFP process
- Support assigned cost centers with RFP/BID process from start to finish of the process
- Assist with organizing and tracking data for all awarded RFP/BID
- Maintain record retention for all RFP/BID
- Purchase goods, materials, equipment, or services in line with IDEA policy
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply issues which may pose a risk or impact business operations
- Provide updates and reports when required on special procurement projects
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance, reduce cost, and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement related to vendor selection and pricing
- Provide monthly stats for progress towards goals dashboard
- Provide purchasing department stats by the 15th business day each month on Monthly Reports
- Participate in weekly check-ins with Assistant Director of Procurement on PTG trends and strategy for improvements
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships including identification and fostering of strategic suppliers
- Maintain 100% compliance of local, State and Federal guidelines during supplier negotiations and contract award process
- Research and evaluate existing and new suppliers for supply chain issues, quality standards, cost, consistency, and customer service
- Provide support to end users via conference call or onsite training to “close the procurement gap” related to required supporting documentation for requisitions or vendor issues
- Develop and deliver training related to vendor contract requirements
- Act as liaison between campuses/departments and vendors, ensuring all contracts are approved by the required individuals or groups
- Act as liaison for signature of contracts
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities towards savings by utilizing negotiation and procurement best practices in line with internal policy
- Communicate with vendors to ensure all invoices include appropriate contract numbers and required information
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Ensure no vendor relations are entered into with vendors whom have been debarred
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise stakeholders of any impact.
- Attend meetings and update stakeholders on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organization meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns.
- Enter and track all contracts in Tyler Munis and ensure contract number is provided to all end users and vendors
- Conduct onboarding of new business clerks and financial management users on contract execution and RFP/BIDS within 2 weeks of being hired
- Provide continuous improvement sessions by gathering trend data for quarterly trainings and summer institute
- Participate in weekly financial manager users conference call to discuss trends and compliance and communicate 100 % of policy changes and updates
- Take an active leadership role in Beginning of Year committee and attend of all meetings
- Maintain communication with other campus/department managers around RFP/BID process and updates
- Maintain open communication with grant managers and coordinators across IDEA’s regions
- Ensure all submitted grant and public works contracts include supporting documentation
- Obtain additional quotes and documentation as needed to ensure contract compliance
- Identify and communicate with end user when BID/RFP is required and assist in completion of BID/RFP process as needed
- Collaborate with grant managers to identify federal contracts that will be carried out for the upcoming year and to assist in the development of a planning process for execution
- Collaborate with Financial Planning to identify potential contracts that will be executed by campus/departments and assist with incorporating contracts during the budget planning process
- Remain up to date with new regulations and changes from TEA, USDOE and other governing bodies
- Attend trainings semiannually on new State and Federal laws and regulations concerning procurement
- Bachelor’s degree required, Business or Accounting preferred, experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- 2-5 years of previous experience in procurement or purchasing and accounting, preferably in an education environment
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, 10 key
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, purchasing and invoicing supplies and equipment
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Ability to analyze and organize a complex filing system of bid-related documentation
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
- Strong math, analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential
- Detail oriented team player
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
As part of the Finance team, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
- 100% of procurement is in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- 100% of vendor contracts approved according to Board Policy guidelines
- 100% of campus and HQ business clerks onboarded and trained on RFP/BID process within 2 weeks of hire
- 100% State and Federal grant-related and public works contracts are in compliance
- 95% Zendesk Customer service by the end of the fiscal year by region with no more than 5% breached Tickets.
Physical Requirements: (Optional)
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
· Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 15 pounds (occasionally)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA