Role Mission: Individualized learning at IDEA Public Schools is differentiated instruction combined with diversified learning experiences that authentically engage students and lead to ownership of their own learning. The vision and key features of individualized learning stretch across all of IDEA’s academic programs. There is a gradual release of responsibility as our students grow into independent lifelong learners through the guidance of the adults in the system, the programming that they interact with, and the skills that they learn and practice. Blended Learning Spaces rotate students through Accelerated Reader (AR) Zones and iLearning Hotspots. AR Zones provide structured independent reading practice and iLearning Hotspots harness the power of technology to individualize TEKS-aligned math instruction. The Blended Learning Space Teacher role is a full-time, teacher position. The Blended Learning Space Teacher oversees the culture and effectiveness of the daily Blended Learning Space operations.
What We Offer
- The starting teacher salary for 0 years of experience is $48,500. This role is eligible for various stipends based on certifications, credentials, and campus leadership ranging from $500-$4,000 each. We also offer opportunities and incentives through our Teacher Career Pathway with the potential to earn up to $10,000 in additional compensation. For more information about our compensation and total rewards, visit our compensation and benefits page.
- Additional hourly compensation is provided for after school tutoring or Saturday school as assigned.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Flexible Credits Plan: IDEA provides full-time eligible employees $1,000-$2,000 per year (pro-rated for mid-year hires) to use towards a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or receive as a taxable cash benefit.
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and an employer paid 403(b) retirement matching of up to 4% of your annual compensation. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Track record of taking initiative and problem solving, strong computer and technology skills including troubleshooting and an ability to communicate about technical difficulties
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
What You’ll Do -- Accountabilities
Culture & Student Management
- Motivate students to participate in learning & reading activities in the math software and AR (accelerated reader)
- Continuously improve execution of student procedures to maximize learning time
- Frequently speak to students regarding their progress toward AR & Math goals and current data
- Create a positive learning environment in line with IDEA culture
Technology & Data Management
- Actively “coach” students on all math software and ensure that it is meeting the needs of all students
- Maintain all computer equipment and ensure that problems are reported promptly to campus tech
- Interpret and manage online student data generated by the multiple educational math software and AR software
- Use data to track students’ progress toward goals in math and reading
- Actively “coach” and ensure that students are reading and testing on books within the appropriate ZPD level in AR to meet their individual reading goals; assist struggling students in selecting appropriate books that engage their interests and motivate them to read more
- Maintain a positive reading & math atmosphere and ensure students are reading and AR testing on a daily and weekly basis
- Proactively identify and solve problems that impede the maximization of student learning
- Communicate and collaborate with Math & ELA teachers and school administrators about student progress
- Actively participate in staff development opportunities as a member of the IDEA team
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work related tasks.
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.