Role Mission: The mission for the Year 0 Business Clerk is to collect 100% of applications by Lottery and achieve 100% Projected Enrollment while onboarding 100% of new families and procuring the materials needed to open a safe and operational campus before the first day of school. The Business Clerk executes campus operation processes that bind to our budget management system (Tyler Munis).
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $16.00 for 0 years of experience and $20.00
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Flexible Credits Plan: IDEA provides full-time eligible employees $1,000-$2,000 per year (pro-rated for mid-year hires) to use towards a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or receive as a taxable cash benefit.
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Education: HS Diploma or GED required
- Experience: At least 2 years’ experience with bookkeeping or accounting desired
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
100% of Applications collected by lottery (3:1 ratio for OGL)
- Achieves 100% Projected Enrollment by the first day of school
- Executes student recruitment efforts that target families with school-aged children within the 3-mile radius immediately surrounding their school
- Ensures all new families are effectively on-boarded beginning with Welcome to IDEA and throughout their first year
- Builds relationships with business partners and secures community assets
- Hosts information sessions for interested families and new applicants
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy and College Prep by first day of school (FDOS)
- Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school
- Complies with all federal and state student registration requirements throughout the enrollment process
90% New Family Persistence (Lottery to FDOS)
- Supports efforts to create an environment where students learn, thrive, and have fun (school culture, praise and recognition, in and out of school events calendar, etc.)
- Monitors and reviews with APO, parent and student feedback, particularly as it relates to non-instructional services and support
- Onboards new families from the time a parent applies come to IDEA through their first year in our schools
Campus safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Manages current discretionary budgets, informs school leaders regarding the financial state of their school, and works to ensure campus financial goals are met and schools end the year with a surplus or on target
- Reconciles negative discretionary budget accounts monthly by the 8th business day
- 100% of requisitions entered in Tyler Munis within 2 business days of initial request from campus staff
- 100% of all goods or services are received in Tyler Munis within one business day of delivery and 100% of receiving record(s) are attached in the Tyler Munis system
- Procures all goods or services with an approved purchase order
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.