Role Mission: The Health Services Administrator is primarily responsible for supporting the budget and administrative management for the Health & Wellness Department. This position will be the lead administrator on all budget management and logistics, ensuring each individual campus and the collective IDEA district is equipped to provide high-quality care to students.
When a campus-based Health Aide is out, the Health Services Administrator may also be responsible for leading the campus clinic on his/her own. This role includes managing the clinic and providing direct care to students in the clinic, conducting state-mandated screenings, assisting with administrative tasks such as ordering supplies, review and input immunization records and maintaining accurate files.
The Health Services Administrator will report directly to the Managing Director of Health and Wellness.
Required Experience and Certifications:
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Associate’s Degree Required
- Current certification in CPR/AED/ First Aid preferred
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced data management and reporting skills
- Proficient keyboarding and electronic file maintenance skills
- Ability to track and monitor budget
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and execute toward goals
- Must be willing to travel on average 25% of the time with peak seasons at 50%
Ensures 100% financial and procurement compliance
- Manage HQ discretionary and enterprise budgets, informing directors of the financial state of their budgets, and works to ensure department financial goals are met and department end the year with a surplus or on target
- Collaborate with the Procurement Team, Business Office and vendors to determine if there are more cost-effective ways to procure or better ways to take deliver/installation that can reduce department costs
- Lead procurement and contracted services management, ensuring all vendor selections are compliant with district requirements
Ensures 100% of schools are fully operational by the first day of school
- Ensure clinics are fully stocked with supplies including AED and Stop the Bleed kits; orders placed throughout the school year to keep clinic stocked.
- Clinics furnished with bed, privacy curtains, refrigerator, desk, filing cabinet, bookshelf and office phone.
- Ensure Health Aides have access to and have completed training for key systems: Nursing software program, state immunization registries, HealthOffice Anywhere, STREAM, UDCA, etc.
- Facilitate check ins with the business office and facilities team to ensure orders are processed in a timely manner, equipment is delivered and installed, and all invoices are paid on time.
95% of participants are satisfied or very satisfied with training logistics, support, and communication
- Schedule training locations, order food and supplies, ensure training rooms are set up as needed for the sessions and that all necessary materials are available
- Send training reminders and pre-work with clear, complete directions for the participants for all department trainings
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed by deadline and deliver on all agreed-to commitments and hold others accountable to do the same
- Ensures all HQ and campus-based staff are current with credentials, providing 60–90-day advanced notice of upcoming renewals needed to maintain active licensure
90% of requested financial transactions are completed within 35 business days
- Communicate with requestor and/or vendor if anything is needed to complete transactions (e.g., vendor in IDEA system or vendor applications received, corrections needed for processing)
- Follow up with business office to ensure requisitions are processed
- Forward approved POs to vendor and follow up to receive invoice
- Submit invoice in Tyler Munis system
- Follow up if items are received/cleared to be paid and “receive” items in Tyler Munis
Support special projects to enable IDEA Public Schools to remain compliant in all areas of Health Services work
- Assist with school health services billing in alignment with state and federal allowances
- Ensure annual state reports submitted on time and with 100% accuracy for screenings, immunizations, etc., assisting with data entry and management as needed
- Provide training and coaching to campus-based staff as needed to ensure Health Services staff are properly collecting, entering, and analyzing data
- Maintain databases by running weekly reports to populate Health Services dashboard and sending weekly updates to department
Commitment to Diversity and Core Values:
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Click here to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Our core values are:
- We Act with Integrity: We put the best interests of the IDEA Team & Family—and most importantly our students—at the forefront of all our decisions and actions, taking personal responsibility to model the honest and ethical behavior we want our students and each other to demonstrate every day.
- We Build Team & Family: We foster a sense of belonging and inclusivity by treating every member of the IDEA Team & Family—our students, staff, families, and community—with compassion, respect, and humility. We maximize our individual best efforts through collaboration and support of each other in the focused pursuit of our collective mission.
- We Achieve Academic Excellence: We believe ensuring college success for 100% of our students is the best way to help them succeed in life and in seeing obstacles they face as opportunities for learning and growth. Every member of the IDEA Team & Family works together to ensure each student on every campus and in every classroom receives a high-quality education.
- We Deliver Results: We set ambitious goals, hold ourselves and each other accountable for achieving results, and believe that our students will succeed to and through college. Our results show what’s possible when the adults in the system get it right and represent the collective effort and focus of the entire IDEA Team & Family.
- We Ensure Equity: We set high expectations and share compassion and empathy for every member of the IDEA Team & Family. We differentiate our support and resources, proactively address racism and discrimination, and advocate alongside our students and staff to empower them with the opportunities to succeed and ensure the respect they deserve.
- We Bring Joy: We create a positive, uplifting, and joyful environment for every member of the IDEA Team & Family, every single day. We operate with a sense of optimism, and our traditions celebrate learning, growth, and the accomplishments of our students, staff, and community.
- We Sweat the Small Stuff: We embrace that achieving excellence lies in paying attention to and carrying out the details—the ‘small stuff’—that go into effective execution and positive implementation. Every step of the way, the IDEA Team & Family prioritizes actions contributing to our mission of College for All.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $46,345 to $54,224, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications
- This role is eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment
- The Health Services Administrator must currently live in or be willing to relocate to Texas, with preference for one of our regions in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, or Tarrant County.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.