Role Mission: The Facilities Manager (FM) is responsible for operating a clean, safe, sustainable, high-quality facility by leading the custodial team to enhance the learning environment. Facilities Managers exemplify IDEA’s commitment to excellence through successful hiring, development, and retention of custodial staff.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $20.34 for 0 years of experience and $25.42. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Flexible Credits Plan: IDEA provides full-time eligible employees $1,000-$2,000 per year (pro-rated for mid-year hires) to use towards a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or receive as a taxable cash benefit.
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- License or Certification: NA
- Bilingual Preferred
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Campus safe and operational one week before First Day of School (FDOS)
- Achieve an A rating in the Facilities Audit from Beginning of Year (BOY) through the last day of school
- Create a culture of safety and awareness by implementing 100% of programs and systems, including 100% of safety drills
- Achieve a proficient rating on the Safety Audit
- 90% of Safe Schools training done by deadline
- All chemicals on-hand locked
Maintain an efficient operation to achieve the campus cost per square foot allocation with kWh usage per square foot
- Serve as the financial steward for campus facilities and maintenance operations by generating a 10% surplus over budgeted allocation
- Improve continuously and execute operations efficiently by generating a 5% annual saving in utilities expense
- Achieve a proficient rating on the Energy Conservation Audit
- Business partner with campus leaders for capital expenditure (CapEx) projects
- Work with APO and Principals to identify facilities needs and develop a plan accordingly
- Provide timely CapEx quotations to improve facilities for each school
85% retention of Custodial Staff
- Increase development and training of staff through weekly check-ins and daily huddles
- Ensure that at least one custodian has been groomed to take on the Facilities Manager role within 18 months
80% of facilities requisitions are entered within 3 days of service
- Work with approved vendors to ensure timely issuance of services
- Maintain budget accuracy by entering requisitions within goal timeframe
90% of maintenance work orders are resolved within 48 hours
- Operate a clean and healthy campus that guarantees an enhanced learning environment
- Deploy team to efficiently resolve issues submitted
Demonstrate reliability and responsibility through attendance, punctuality, and flexibility
- Zero unexcused absences
- Consistent punctuality
- Ability to work long hours as needed to meet the mission goal
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.