Role Mission: Campus Technician will facilitate Technology Operations requests and initiatives at their assigned locations. They act as technology liaison from the Technology Operations department to the campus staff by providing technical support and expertise on site. The focus is to concentrate on the support and maintenance of the technology equipment, assist with campus issues and work on district technology projects and campus initiatives including trainings, registration, lab setups, inventory and staff computer deployment. Campus Technicians offer expertise, solutions, and technology advice to campus partners and work hand in hand with Assistant Principals of Operations to support instruction through highly functional campus technology.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $19.19 for 0 years of experience and $23.98.
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Flexible Credits Plan: IDEA provides full-time eligible employees $1,000-$2,000 per year (pro-rated for mid-year hires) to use towards a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or receive as a taxable cash benefit.
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Experience: Two years of technical support experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
- Ability to analyze and resolve computer hardware and software problems
- Knowledge of technologies available for use in instructional setting
- Ability to repair computer and technology equipment
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
95% of Helpdesk tickets are completed within 48 hours, with 40% complete remotely
- Work with and report to APO on campus technology requests.
- Communicate with all clients within 24 hours about repairs
- Partner up with Helpdesk manager on reporting to identify and track goals and trends.
- Complete standard tickets on time and follow up with customers.
- Encourage a Helpdesk creation culture on campus while maintaining great customer service and support.
- Offer technology quotes and solutions for assigned campuses
90% customer satisfaction on Zendesk tickets (Surveys)
- Ensure every ticket completed is bookended with communication with customer
- Educate end users after a job is complete to further knowledge and best practices
- Check back with customer to ensure reliability after service
100% of schools are safe and operational one week before FDOS
- Outline and schedule major tasks and milestones to track progress at each site
- Coordinate with campus and central office stakeholders to ensure all dependencies are managed to proper execution
- Escalate major and minor risks to relevant actors
Proficient rating on Information Security & Data Privacy Rubric by January 1st and through the LDOS
- Lead Information Security and Privacy practices at the campuses
- Build a strong security culture at each campus through risk management, education, and deterrence
- Practice and share best practice around proper use of technology
- Initiate incidence reporting with campus leadership and HQ personnel to manage all security breaches
100% of Campus Operating Projects completed on time based on Campus Playbook
- Work with HQ and APOs to develop and communicate plans and statuses on monthly HQ projects including Inventory, cleanups, setups, maintenance, computer pickup and BOY
- Manage time between tasks and projects and collaborate with APOs, Key Stake Holders and Regional Lead Tech.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools’ lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.