Role Mission: The mission for the receptionist is to support students, families and team members by providing excellent customer service and serving as the first point-of-contact for students, parents, visitors and phone inquiries. The receptionist will focus primarily on ensuring parent satisfaction and ensuring families’ needs are met by sharing information, coordinating with other team members, and greeting all visitors.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $13.50 for 0 years of experience and $16.54
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Flexible Credits Plan: IDEA provides full-time eligible employees $1,000-$2,000 per year (pro-rated for mid-year hires) to use towards a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or receive as a taxable cash benefit.
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: One year of clerical experience in office setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow written instructions and operate multi-line phone system
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Manages all front office traffic including late students, parents, and visitors. In this capacity the receptionist will:
- Ensuring each visitor has the appropriate credentials to enter campus site and to pick up students
- Utilizing PowerSchool to locate student schedule for parent pick-ups
- Communicating with teachers on student pick-ups
- Direct visitors to appropriate team member
- Direct late students to SIS Coordinator
Maintains copies of forms, events, and related information for the campus site and IDEA Public Schools. This includes:
- Organizing essential forms and documents for families including FARM applications, uniform guide, applications, etc. in a binder, portfolio, etc.
- Copying materials to ensure there is always a supply of all documents at hand
- Communicating effectively with Campus Lead Team and Campus Ops team to ensure all documents for activities, events, etc. are current
Coordinates and transfers student records to appropriate team member. This includes:
- Maintaining confidentiality of records as appropriate
- Collaborating with appropriate team members to establish system of transferring student records, ie. Dropping off records in a sealed folder in SIS office, Health Services Coordinators office, etc.
Answers phone calls by providing general information and/or connecting call to appropriate team member. This includes:
- Familiarizing with various roles and duties of team members ie. SIS manages all schedule changes, APO manages all student absences inquiries, etc.
- Managing a list of extensions and ensuring list remains updated throughout the year
Serves as a liaison between parents, students and team members. This includes:
- Communicating morning announcements to students and team members
- Exemplifying IDEA core values and exemplar customer service skills
- Provides lead team support as needed. This includes:
- Recruiting students for the following school year if needed
- Exercise good judgment and excellent customer service:
- Answering all phone calls
- Greeting parents, students, visitors
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.