Role Mission: The After School Enrichment specialists will facilitate after school programming for priority students, focusing on academic support, enrichment opportunities, and college/career readiness. Enrichment Specialists will work with campus principals and the After School Coordinator to ensure after school programs enhance the vision and priorities of the school. After School Enrichment specialists work after school for 2 – 2.5 hours.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of $14.00
- Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
- Education: Must be enrolled in college or have a bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Prior experience in enrichment activity that the role requires
- Required: Must attach an official or unofficial transcript to the application in order to verify GPA and credit hours earned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Ability to track data weekly and monthly for reporting
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Provide enrichment and recreation leadership for the program students.
- Facilitate planned enrichment and/or recreational activities to group of students (average group size 12-18).
- Assists in developing students' cognitive capacity, increasing academic skill development, and respect for learning.
- Foster students' self-esteem and motivation through positive interaction.
- Be directly supervised by the Site Coordinator
- Attend scheduled meetings with Site Coordinator and Project Director to coordinate program design, evaluation process, and outreach efforts.
- Work closely with Site Coordinator and Project Director to: Organize schedule of enrichment and/or recreational activities. Implement evaluation tools.
- Abide by all IDEA campus rules and procedures
We look for Team and Family who Embody the following Values and Characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.