Role Mission: The System Administrator is responsible for ensuring IDEA maintains high availability across all applications, servers, databases, data centers and cloud services to internal and external customers. They are also responsible for leveraging existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline business processes.
What We Offer
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $60,569 and $72,683, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Flexible Credits Plan: IDEA provides full-time eligible employees $1,000-$2,000 per year (pro-rated for mid-year hires) to use towards a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or receive as a taxable cash benefit.
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Ensure high availability of data centers, servers, applications, and services to internal and external customers with 99.5% uptime across all of IDEA.
- Utilize and maintain disaster recovery plan SLA’s to configure and schedule backups on all systems accordingly.
- Ensure all backup processes are successful and regularly tested, along with documented recovery procedures.
- Monitor and maintain all data center hardware, including but not limited to; servers, storage, uninterruptable power supplies, and cooling.
- Utilize all system monitoring software to ensure performance and availability on all hardware, servers, and applications with historical uptime data.
100% of all systems, projects, and services are documented with the following: system design architecture, server/application configurations, storage requirements, backup schedules, failover options, maintenance/update plans, access controls, and the classification of system/data.
- Utilize project management platform to track and update timelines, schedule resources, and project tasks.
- Utilize document storage for all configuration standards, process guidelines and project documentation.
- Ensure all assigned project tasks are completed on time and with proper documentation.
- Be a technical resource for all projects pertaining to systems, applications, data centers and services.
Ensure all user accounts have required access to ensure 100% BoY (beginning of year) deliverables by FDoS (first day of school) for new campuses
- Execute the Beginning of Year plan for technology at every campus
- Ensure all new and existing user accounts have access to all required applications, cloud services, devices and networks.
- Ensuring proper group memberships and access follows the least privileged model.
- Ensure scheduled audits and verification processes are performed on all systems to determine proper configuration, user access, data security, and user availability before FDoS.
Configure and implement security controls on all systems to ensure 0 preventable security incidents are created for the year
- Work with security operation center on remediation tasks on all servers, applications and services.
- Execute regularly scheduled maintenance windows to ensure all systems are at the latest versions and patch levels.
- Ensure all systems are configured following all security policies, standards and guidelines, industry best practices, security software, and user access controls.
- Ensure all security controls are in place and verified on systems to prevent accidental data loss or malicious acts.
Meet Helpdesk ticket expectations 95% Helpdesk tickets completed within 48hrs
- Effective planning and scheduling to review and resolve tickets efficiently.
- Constant Communication with our end users to meet and exceed customer satisfaction.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Associates degree in Technology field – Required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in an enterprise-level organization
- License or Certification
- System Administrator Certification Tier 1-2 level (MCSA, Server +, VMware Certification, MS365 certification) preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- General knowledge of networking - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Radius, and wireless.
- Must possess solid knowledge of operating systems, networking hardware, backup software, server hardware, and storage hardware.
- Experience with VMware, vSphere and backup solution software.
- Proficient knowledge in Active Directory, Microsoft O365, Exchange, email security, SSO technologies, and cloud management.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting
- Experience in server clusters and failover configurations and management.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery processes and procedures
- Experience in system monitoring and performance tuning.
- Experience in an enterprise-level Identity management solution
- Knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on an as-needed basis