Educational Diagnostician - El Paso (23-24)
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: El Paso Regional Office
Region: El Paso, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Description Role Mission: IDEA Public Schools works to ensure the success of all students and to address any barriers which may impact students from achieving incredible academic and social outcomes. The Educational Diagnostician works with the Special Programs team, regional leaders, campus leaders, parents, and Special Education and General Education teachers in an effort to maximize student outcomes.The IDEA Educational Diagnostician demonstrates knowledge and skill in assessment, eligibility for Special Education, academic and behavioral interventions, state and federal legal frameworks for Special Education, and ensures compliance with Special Education legislation. The Educational Diagnostician is a key partner in ensuring support of students and parents by helping problem solving interventions with students, who may be struggling both academically and behaviorally.AccountabilitiesThe IDEA Educational Diagnostician demonstrates knowledge of and aids in the development, completion, and monitoring of ARD (Admission, Review, Dismissal)/IEP (Individualized Education Program) for Special Education Services as per State and Federal Guidelines.
- Supports the special education teachers in developing appropriate IEP academic, behavioral, and social goals.
- Meet 100% compliance in Annual ARDs and ensure all paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Works in conjunction with Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and other related and Instructional Service Personnel (VI, AI, APE, PT) to ensure completion of all ARD paperwork in a timely manner.
- Follows correct procedures for maintaining records and services.
The IDEA Educational Diagnostician supports campuses in implementation of 504, Critical Student Intervention (CSI), and Response to Intervention (RTI).
The IDEA Educational Diagnostician evaluates students with different disabilities and demonstrates knowledge of eligibility criteria for Special Education as per state and federal guidelines.
- Critical Student Instruction groups are established and instruction is executed with fidelity at campuses
- Provide support to 504 campus coordinators with manifestation determinations
- Provide support to 504 campus coordinator with 504 meeting requirements, 504 eligibility determination, Homebound, and Manifestation Determination.
- Conduct dyslexia evaluations for 504 students.
- Guide campuses in tracking and documenting academic and behavioral interventions in TIER I, TIER II, and TIER III.
The IDEA Educational Diagnostician supports the campus RTI (Response to Intervention) coordinator in tracking and monitoring students in Response to Intervention for academic and behavioral concerns.
- Conducts multidisciplinary evaluations Full and Individual Evaluations for all Non-Speech only students, Non-Autism, and Non-Emotional Disturbance students who are referred for 1 or more eligibility categories (out of 13 eligibility categories).
- Adhere to most up to date evaluation tools and standards as stipulated in the American Psychological Association Testing Standards
- Conducts evaluations as needed for student College Board accommodations
- Helps the campus conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment.
Live values of IDEA
- Ensure that campuses are employing a problem solving model for students in TIERS II and TIERS III
- Guides the campus in how to track and document academic and behavioral interventions
- Aids the campus in completing Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans in Response to Intervention
- Provides guidance on academic and behavioral interventions in TIERS II and TIER III
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesProvide program support to special education teachersCompetencies:
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
- Demonstrate competence in the educational evaluations, diagnoses, and in formal reports of evaluation results of school-aged children (4 years to 22 years old)
- Demonstrate competence in developing and implementing prevention techniques and interventions, including a variety of approaches to educational interventions.
- Demonstrate competence in collaboration, consultation, relationship building with a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge, competence, and sensitivity in understanding, interacting, collaborating, evaluating, consulting, advising, and implementing interventions and programs with colleagues, students, and families from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities; with minority populations; and with students from special circumstances.
- Demonstrate competence in presenting himself or herself as a knowledgeable member of the Admission Review and Dismissal team.
- Demonstrate competence in the skills related to successful functioning as an Educational Diagnostician
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Special Education or Education from accredited college or university
- Texas Educational Diagnostician Certificate REQUIRED
- At least 3 years experience as a campus Educational Diagnostician preferred
Compensation:Starting salaries for this role typically range between $57,000-$68,000 commensurate with experience.
- Knowledge of procedures for assessing achievement and intellectual, emotional, and behavioral functions for education purposes, including cross-battery evaluation practices
- Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions
- Knowledge of psycho-social development
- Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers, parents, and students
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple requests, deadlines, and priorities