FC&G and Accounting Team
The Project Manager operates as a support to the VP of Finance and Compliance, senior leadership team, and other key leaders at IDEA Public Schools. S/he manages execution on the Financial Compliance/Grants (FC&G) and Accounting team and on critical projects by coordinating people, processes and platforms to ensure our projects are delivered on time and with the desired result.
Location: This is a full-time remote position based in Texas with preference given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin (Midland/Odessa), Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, and Tarrant County (Fort Worth), or who are willing to relocate.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $73,900 and $90,200, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
In this role you will:
- Develop operating mechanism scope and sequence and agendas in partnership with the VP that ensure the FC&G and Accounting Team addresses strategic priorities
- Manages leadership team’s operating calendar setting and sets benchmarks to reevaluate operating calendar.
- Consistently communicates and redirects team to upcoming priorities (Goals, Trainings, Strategy, CAP, Quarterlies, Month-end Close, Board meeting, EOY/BOY, etc.)
- Takes thorough minutes during tacticals and strategy meetings, ensures next steps coming out of meetings are most crucial to make sufficient progress toward goals and manages Senior Leaders to be accountable to next steps
- Leverage existing meeting structures and create/manage new systems needed to drive results Understand the FC&G and Accounting team core priorities and org-wide data metrics and practices (including academics, financials, and human capital data) to support the team with identifying opportunities for collaboration, blind spots, or areas to improve operations practices through cross-functional work.
- Oversees the Accounting Operations and Compliance Calendar, providing support to the Managing Director for FC&G
- Supports accounting team with calendaring and planning for all the annual financial audits to maintain compliance in each state.,
- Collaborates with FC&G Team to analyze Helpdesk ticket data and identify customer service pain points, and actively seeks opportunities to improve customer service experience and ratings
- Partners with functional leaders to coordinate internal resources for solid execution of all FC&G and accounting projects Oversees the FC&G and Accounting HUB sites, providing support to functional managers, seeks opportunities to continuously improve Hub-site content, ensuring relevant information for financial managers and stewards is easily accessed and up to date
- Analyze project status for both FC&G and Accounting and, when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project requirements can be met
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
- Partner with functional leaders to build a reporting calendar to capture required external disclosures and periodicity for reporting (Quarterly reports, federal and state APRs, federal and state FPRs, , etc.), monitor communication from state and federal authorizers such as To the Administrator Addressed Updates to capture any new disclosures
- Partner with VP to ensure all required Finance Committee and Audit Committee reports are completed and ready to submit to CFO by the deadlines.
- Partner with VP to work on all external communication with state leaders, auditors, treasurers, federal grant contacts to ensure we meet deadlines on time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Certifications: SCRUM Master certification preferred
- Experience: 2+ years’ experience at a school system or nonprofit; experience managing cross-functional projects and teams in a large, mission-driven organization; Knowledge of Jira processes preferred
As part of the FC&G and Accounting team, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
- 100% of Finance VPs and Directors agree that the level of support provided in the execution of team convening and related team priorities meets or exceeds expectations.
- HUB Finance site has 200 unique views, 90% completion of Finance required professional development and 95% customer satisfaction by region.
- 100% of Finance Committee meetings are held in compliance with local and state requirements, with 100% of required documentation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff, and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA