IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools is searching for a President who will report directly to the CEO/Superintendent and sit on the Executive Team. This position is charged with ensuring our organization has the most effective operations, communications, information, technology, and human capital systems and processes to support our schools in delivering the highest quality education to achieve our mission of preparing 100% of our students for college. The President will directly supervise the Chief Human Assets Officer, the Chief Information Officer, and the Chief Operating Officer by providing the leadership, management, coaching and development necessary for all those areas to thrive. They will partner with other members of the Executive Team to ensure our organization achieves our goals and priorities.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Chiefs to ensure all our teams have a clear and aligned vision for the quality of products, services, and level of customer service provided to our schools so we can deliver on our promises to students and families in each of our regions across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and Ohio.
- Provide the level of vision-setting, supervision, management, coaching, development, and support to ensure our departments thrive and achieve our goals
- Ensure effective communication, coordination, and collaboration between and amongst all functional areas supervised as well as with all interactions across the organization to maximize resources, time, and energy
- In partnership with the CEO/Superintendent and Executive Team, own the organization’s long-term plan for growth and advancement that balances both serving our students and families and financial sustainability
- Foster a strong organizational culture across IDEA that inspires and engages our Team & Family, maximizes their performance, and retains them long-term to provide the stability our students and staff need
- Monitor the key performance indicators (KPIs) within your scope of work to ensure close supervision, identification of gaps, and deployment of strategies and resources to achieve our goals
- Meet all compliance and authorizer requirements with consistency and comprehensiveness to ensure our long-term success and viability across regions.
- Oversee the annual budget process across the three areas supervised ensuring adherence to deadlines, fiscal responsibility, and cost-effective management of resources
- Serve as a key member of our Senior Leadership Team by providing regular updates to the CEO/Superintendent and Board, offering perspective, making recommendations and demonstrating the integrity and fiduciary responsibility we expect from all our staff
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 10 total years of management experience, preferably in at least one or more of the areas to be supervised and within the education sector
- Current educational landscape in the states we operate, including authorizer and regulatory requirements for charter management operators to ensure compliance and long-term viability, as well as philanthropic ventures that can support our organization’s needs
- Best practices in human capital management to ensure we attract, engage, and retain the best quality staff and provide them with the resources to maximize their productivity.
- Financial management, budget planning and monitoring
- The most innovative and effective information systems and technology both inside and outside the educational sector to ensure IDEA remains at the forefront of data-driven decision-making and high performance.
- Effective school operations that manage resources effectively, deliver high quality levels of service, and ensure well-run campuses and regional headquarters
- Organizational strategic planning and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Essential components of organizational health that foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture
- Building and maintaining high-performing teams, strong relationships across stakeholders, both internal and external, and fostering cross-functional collaboration
- Organization, prioritization, follow through, and attention to detail to ensure effective use of time and earn a reputation for delivering on promises
- Analytical, critical, and conceptual thinking that uses data to drive decision-making and achieve results
- Effective communication, both verbally and in writing, including ability to engage an audience and inspire confidence along with empathetic listening
- Improving the approach and process for growth and expansion that maximizes data and ensures strategic decision-making to achieve a financially sustainable future for the organization
- Lead other leaders by establishing a vision of excellence with high expectations and performance management systems to ensure effective execution and implementation that leads to achieving ambitious goals and delivering results
- Lead complex organizational change management that invests key stakeholders across diverse regions and perspectives to ensure strong commitment and consistent outcomes
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and stewardship that leads to a diverse portfolio of funding aligned with the organization’s values, vision, and mission
- Effectively manage talent including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, along with the coaching, development, conflict resultion, and holding staff accountable to ensure high performance and strong retention
- Strategically solve problems with sound judgement and effective decision-making in ways that build commitment, if not consensus
- Self-reflect, along with providing, receiving, and implementing feedback that improves performance and achieves results
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for performance pay based on organizational performance and goal attainment. Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package, including five weeks of school vacation time in addition to 15 annual Personal Time Off (PTO) days. Our rewards program is contingent on annual board approval and the organization’s financial standing. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
The President must currently live in or be willing to relocate to Texas, with preference for one of our regions in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin, San Antonio, Tarrant County, or Rio Grande Valley.
Travel Expectations: up to 40% of the time during the busiest parts of the year
Supervisory Responsibilities: will include the Chief Human Assets Officer, Chief Information Officer, and Chief Operating Officer
Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. However, the final deadline for submitting applications is April 9th, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To achieve our mission of 100% College For All, IDEA commits to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization, where we honor and include the voices, values, and beliefs of all our students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA