Role Mission: IDEA Interns will provide administrative and logistical support to our Academy and College Preparatory Campuses. Campus locations will vary throughout the Texas and majority if the campus of the work will be remote.
- Education: High School Diploma, enrolled in college
- Able to work 20-25 hours a week
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a positive attitude
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule (evenings, weekends, select holidays)
- Bilingual Spanish speaker strongly preferred, but not required
- Active in-field recruitment for campuses and regional events until all open seats are filled in every grade level. Recruitment activities include the following and will be deployed as permissible in a COVID environment:
- Block-walking in nearby communities
- Calling prospective leads and applicants
- Cold calling paid lists
- Tabling at community events and festivals
- On occasions travel by air might be needed to attend recruitment events.
- Interns will collaborate with Enrollment Managers to create, maintain, and execute a monthly recruitment plan which includes goals which are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and timely.
- Interns will also work with out student application platform STREAM to help families complete their registration and re-registration documents.
- Interns will assist in conducting compliance audits.
- Interns will assist our marketing team managing marketing initiatives and digital media.
- Interns will assist managing our family communication platforms and social media
Be ready to support campuses and/or regions if needed. Possible some air travel involved.
Registration and Re-Registration Support
- Interns will partner with Enrollment Managers and the campus operations team to drive current families to complete re-registration by deadline in the designated period prior to registration.
- Partnering with Enrollment Coordinators and the campus ops team to communicate and provide customer service for all new families to drive to completion of registration and associated form submission by deadline once the registration window has opened.
- Interns will help collect missing documents and/or help with home visits for those families that have not completed the process.
- Provide professional support to assigned manager.
- Set up mechanisms on progress, and make necessary changes to keep team updated
- Manage multiple responsibilities with changing deliverables.
- Duties assigned, typically include but are not limited to:
- Planning, logistics and execution for project and tasks assigned to specific campus
- Effectively and efficiently completing organizational, operational, logistical, and creative projects.
- Designing effective communication mechanisms to be sent to district and school leaders and staff
- Analyzing data and feedback, reporting
- Organizing boxes and packing slips
- Administrative support
- Data entry
Other Duties as Assigned
Most of the time on the clock is expected to be in a supportive role with Enrollment/Launch activities. As a member of the Operations Team, you may be asked to support the following campus Beginning of Year (BOY) prep.
Other duties that may be assigned:
- Textbook inventory support
- Package sorting
- Annual Forms Collection
- ADA calls
- Event coordination/ Family Communication
- Other as assigned by manager
• Commitment: April 2022 – August 2022
• Location: Idea Campus Region Specific
• Compensation: $10.00-$12.00 per hour depnding on region
• Hours: afternoon, nights and weekend *Flexible depending on tasks
Knowledge and Skills:
- Interpersonal skills
- Public speaking
- Data entry
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of IDEA Public Schools
- Event Planning
- Marketing or digital marketing knowledge
- Bilingual preferred