School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Role Mission: The Employee Information System (EIS) department manages employee data across the life-cycle including recruitment, selection, onboarding, development, recognition, and termination, and actively support achieving IDEA's strategic business objectives. Employee data is an organizational asset and EIS team is one of the main stewards of this data, ensuring accuracy and usability. The EIS team setup new hires and personnel changes across employee data systems and our goal is that 100% of all employees have the technology, access, and tools available by their work start date; have accurate and updated data and process all employee personnel changes on time and accurately. The EIS team manages employee data governance and quality, and the administration, interface, and integration of employee data systems. The EIS team also manages the development, generation, and reporting of staff data submissions for state, federal, and internal people data reporting. The EIS team also develops employee data insights and predictive analytics. The EIS team champions a culture of continuous improvement and data-driven decision making.
The Employee Information Systems (EIS) Clerk is responsible for timely employee setup and ensuring employee data accuracy across our employee systems. The EIS Clerk provides excellent customer service, business partnership, training and support to varied audiences across the organization. The main stakeholders with which the EIS Clerk will interact, partner, and collaborate are School Leaders, Executive/Campus Assistants, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Staffing & Recruiting, Central Leaders, and HR Application Administrators. He/she will also provide execution support for specific projects across the full project life-cycle. EIS Applications include but are not limited to staff data, payroll, compensation, benefits, applicant tracking, employee onboarding, absence management, time and attendance, performance, compensation, and succession planning.
100% of new hires and employee changes are set up in our EIS systems by first day of school or first day of professional development.
• Process all new hires and employee changes in our various employee data systems by the EIS deadline set for each employee group during the beginning of year hiring season, and within two days of employee onboarding completion during off-cycle hiring. The EIS Clerk is responsible for ensuring all employee data is accurate, including, but not limited to, employee demographic, position assignment, pay, time off allocation, retirement, employee - manager relationship, termination, employee data structure and other organizational data points
• Document, verify, and setup all new hires and staff changes and collaborate with the Payroll department to ensure accurate and timely payment for assigned regions.
• Develop and maintain organizational, system and process knowledge and skills to effectively manage multiple processes, systems and projects simultaneously. Key areas include pay calculation for all employee groups, IDEA positions and data management.
Ensure 100% staff data accuracy and integrity across Employee data systems.
• Manage employee data accuracy by ensuring that the initial and employee changes are setup accurately, tracking employee changes across applications, and monitoring ongoing data accuracy.
• Accountable to improve and maintain employee pay data accuracy and to avoid any payroll related issues (e.g., over/under payments, timesheet errors or others). Accountable to maintain a 98% district payroll accuracy
• Support the identification of opportunities for improvement in the definition of data accuracy by looking for trends in employee data
• Ensure that employee data is accurate and up to date. Support the roster verification process across multiple departments and employee groups including communication, follow up, submission and processing of employee changes timely and accurately.
Provide excellent customer service and business partnership
• Provide excellent customer service and business partnership to all stakeholders. Develop strong relationships with stakeholders. Respond to employee requests within two working days and receive a 95% customer satisfaction rating from all stakeholders.
• Understand stakeholder needs and be a proactive partner in order to provide effective support and develop strong relationships with our end users. Work collaboratively with departments to identify error/issues.
• Leverage our case management software (Zendesk), to respond to stakeholder requests and identify trends and opportunities to improve services.
Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve services
• Become a processing expert on HR applications and processes including, but not limited to, employee setup, non-standard pay (stipends, OT, extra duty, substitutes), employee data verification, payroll for multiple employee groups, and employee data flow across systems
• Support efforts to improve system data interface, reduce manual entry of data, increase automation, develop checks and balances, and improve services and customer experience.
• Conduct regular and ongoing data audits to identify potential issues and develop and implement solutions to address them
• Effectively plan, and prioritize tasks, projects, and day to day operations to support goal attainment
Live values of IDEA
• Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
• Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
• Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
• Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
• Embodies IDEA’s core values
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong follow up skills, ability to follow tasks through from beginning to completion
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, set priorities and see projects through completion. Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
• Strong customer service, business partnership, customer service mindset, can-do attitude
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail, ability to think critically. Ability to research, analyze, report and make sound judgments and work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation.
• Ability to work in multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Ability to work extended workdays to support business needs.
• Strong project management skills, ability to plan, and implement projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High degree of independent judgment, commitment, motivation, and integrity
• Ability to interpret and disseminate information to individuals and groups
• Ability to remain calm and perform under immense pressure or tight deadlines
• Ability to learn software, application, system, and processes with ease and speed
• High flexibility and growth mindset, to prioritize requests from the employees that are closer to our students and families and to develop strong relationships to deliver results
• Ability to work a fast pace, high growth and high expectations environment, where we are constantly assessing changes to improve services, systems, and processes. Ability to work across diverse teams in a high-growth organization
• Maintain strict confidentiality of personnel information.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable
• Two or more years of professional experience, preferably in a role that involved Employee Information Systems
• Experience in K-12 education or highly regulated industry, Human Resources, Human Resources Information Systems, Information Technology, Central administration or related (preferred)
• Experience working in a central office supporting multiple sites across several regions with different needs and requirements (Strongly preferred)
What We Offer:
Compensation: Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $16.00/hour and
$20.00/hour, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.