Role Mission: This manager aspires to design, implement, and improve processes and systems to ensure all schools and staff are empowered to facilitate their work with the highest degree of legitimacy in data integrity. This manager leads a team of data analysts that provide a variety of data services to the organization. These data services includes, but isn’t limited to the following: Ad hoc reports, FOIA requests, data syncing projects, electronic records imports, dashboards, data reports, and audits.
What We Offer
- Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $73,955 and $90,225, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
100% Data Accuracy as measured by State Submissions
- Develops extensive data visibility within and across IDEA departments to identify data anomalies and minimize risk
- Establishes strong business partnerships with department heads, school leaders, and regional leaders to guide the overall strategy for the student data pipeline
- Develops robust protocols for proactively managing changes, updates, and requests by state or federal agencies to ensure IDEA meets all obligations
- Manges all digital records imports for purposes of state or federal data compliance
Achieve 100% Beginning of Year Readiness for Student Data Operations by the First Day of School
- Lead review and update of automated processes, reports, etc. for the new academic year
- In coordination with the Director of Data Services, identify opportunities and challenges for meaningful reform to expand capacity and build efficiencies each year
- Manages development and implementation of all data syncs and reports required of new state launch
- Collaborates with the Application Manager on BOY preparation by auditing data configurations such as calendars, student schedules, and course catalogs
- Ensures all data syncing processes are centralized in peripheral server
Contributes to a growing culture of analytics
- Ensure clear data visibility around progress towards goals, trends over time, and areas of concern to empower maximum freedom of action
- Surface data around compliance with the district procedures manual and State Attendance Accounting Handbook
- Internally and with district partners, contribute to a growing culture of analytics to ensure campus, regional, and national staff are working smarter versus harder in identifying root causes behind gaps and meaningful interventions
- Collaborates with district leadership teams by thought partnering and developing analytical tools to support district initiatives.
- Partners with department leaders to reduce or minimize the amount of manual data trackers by converting to centralized dashboards to maximize efficiency and data visibility.
- Collaborates with Application Manager and Director of Data Services on data collection or tracking projects requiring application customization and dashboards.
- Collaborates with Software Development and Research and Analysis teams on the effective utilization of the district data warehouse to reduce duplicate work across departments.
Maintains a customer satisfaction rating and SLA compliance rate of 95% in the data service space
- Ensures all ad hoc data service requests are completed within the SLA window
- Manages the data service request space by assigning tasks to team members and allocating additional resources when appropriate
- Coaches team members on communication and enforces team policy on the handling of data requests
- Maintains visibility and analytics on the allocation of team resources
- Manages the maintenance of all SIS data reports and dashboards
- Collaborates with Director of Data Services to entertain and select projects to prioritize
Maintains student data operations business continuity through collaboration and centralized documentation
- Manages and maintains the district student data calendar
- Responsible for the maintenance and expansion of student data process documentation
- Responsible for the maintenance and expansion of student data sync documentation
- Maintains 100% documentation updates within two weeks of process or sync changes
- Manages the documentation space in the team SharePoint site
- Responsible for the maintenance and expansion of data sync catalog and schedules
6. We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism, and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- May include direct management of up to four (4) direct reports
- Exceptional data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Solutions oriented
- Ability to manage multiple critical projects, sometimes with competing timelines
- Ability to engage stakeholders, end users, and thought partners in process improvement
- Strong communication
- Education: BS in a science or technology field required
- Experience: 3 years of proven leadership in SIS Data Systems
Knowledge and Skills
- PowerSchool Administration or experience working in a K-12 educational setting dealing with PEIMS preferred
- Knowledge on reporting and dashboarding technologies such as PowerBI, SSRS, etc.
- Knowledge on Oracle administration (Tables, View, Functions, Procedures, Triggers)
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.