Regional Math Coach - Tarrant County (23-24)
This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Tarrant County Regional Office
Region: Tarrant County, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Math Coach
The purpose of the Regional Math Coach is the improvement of instructional clarity, content and execution of a strong conceptual math approach in 6th - 12th grades, ensuring that school performance continually outpaces the rate of expansion of the district, through building the content and curricular capacities of regional Academy principals, and assume the role of intervention specialist for both math and reading for all CSI instructional settings.
Superior improvement of schools:
- School Performance - 100% of schools meet Math distinctions.
- School Improvement - 90% of schools have 30% of students scoring at masters in all Math STAAR tests.
- Instructional Improvement of 6th-12th Grade Math Instruction: Provide analysis, strategy, and consultancy to develop instructional staff to improve quality of math instruction.
- Lead strategic initiatives to build instructional capacity at schools such as providing focused analysis to leaders, building content capacity through coaching, designing professional development, creating deliverables that address strategic curricular needs on campuses.
- Provide organization, region, school, assessment, and student-level analyses and strategic recommendations to increase both efficiency and efficacy of senior and school leadership.
- Build capacity in instructional staff to deliver high-quality first instruction and data-driven interventions to close gaps
Quality Professional Development for Leaders and Teachers:
- Implement school based and regional professional development.
- Regularly analyze quantitative and qualitative data at academies and college preps across the region to identify instructional gaps in Math instruction and achievement.
- Design and partner with academic services team to provide timely professional development that increases the ability of teachers and leaders to meet ambitious academic goals in Math.
Core Mindsets: Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by meaningful outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them • Prioritizes quality learning for both students and adults
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization, and actively self-reflects on own gaps.
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred
- Experience: 3+ years of teaching experience; 3+ years of school leadership or other administrative experience
- Extensive experience designing and facilitating professional development
- Extensive content knowledge in mathematics
- Proven track record of achieving success and of leading others
- Must be able to travel up 50% of the time to assigned regions depending on location.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Persuasiveness and perseverance in attaining goals.
- Ability to communicate the project vision to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment in high-stakes circumstances.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.