National Physical Therapist (23-24)
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
National Physical Therapist
The National Physical Therapist (PT) is responsible for setting ambitious goals for IDEA student achievement and investing in students and families to accomplish them. The role includes creating a powerful learning environment, planning and delivering purposeful, educational-based physical therapy, assessing for the presence of gross motor skills and coordination deficits, as well as evaluating the need for equipment to help support the student in a school setting. Additionally, the PT coaches Special Education teachers and PE teachers on the use of the equipment and supporting the student in the school setting.
The National Physical Therapist (PT) must currently live in or be willing to relocate to San Antonio or the Rio Grande Valley”
Travel Expectations: up to 40% of the time during the busiest parts of the year
- Plan and provide 100% of appropriate individual and group therapy to students as per State and Federal Guidelines, and consistent with Physical therapy services contained in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) that are aligned to TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge Skills).
- Review IEPs and ensure 100% implementation of extensive knowledge and provide top quality physical therapy services.
- Create IEPs aligned to the curriculum with the collaboration of parents, general educators, special educators, and interventionists.
- Monitor students’ therapy and academic progress throughout the year to update goals and request additional testing when deemed necessary.
- Ensure 100% compliance of Initial Evaluations, Re-Evaluations, Annual Review Meetings, and Evaluation Review Meetings as per State and Federal Guidelines for students who qualify and receive services.
- Ensure 100% compliance by completing Physical Therapy Initials and Re-Evaluations prior to due date as per Texas Education Agency (TEA) timelines.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge in the appropriate selection of assessment tools, conducting assessments, interpreting, and identifying students with the presence of Physical Therapy needs.
- Ensure 100% compliance with ARDs by reviewing Special Education Student Rosters for Annual ARDs and Re-Evaluations due dates on a weekly basis.
- Schedule Annual ARDs and Re-Evaluation ARDs prior to due date with Diagnostician, Licensed Specialist School Psychology, and/or Speech Language Pathologist to ensure 100% compliance.
- Participate in ARDs and update IEPs, Present Levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance, and schedule of service in accordance with students’ progress and academic needs.
- Follow correct procedures for obtaining and maintaining records on a regular basis.
- Maintain Therapy Notes, Tracking Logs, ARD Logs, and Evaluation Logs on a daily basis and review with the Manager on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Submit Therapy Logs on a Quarterly Basis to their Manager.
- Maintain SHARS (Medicaid) records and submit SHARS documentation on a monthly basis.
- Ensure and monitor students’ progress to complete progress reports on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in Annual Performance Review with their Manager and submit required documentation.
- The Physical Therapist will monitor and support contract services outside of RGV to ensure PT goals and timelines are occurring.
- Monitor and support contract services outside of RGV to ensure PT goals and timelines are occurring.
- Maintain communication with contract PTs to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Review evaluations completed by contract PTs to ensure goals and objectives are school-based.
- Review APE recommendations to ensure goals and objectives are school-based.
- Participate in the formal assessment, planning, and scheduling of ARDs alongside the Diagnostician, Licensed Specialist in School Psychology, and/or Speech Language Pathologist to report evaluation results within TEA timeframe to the ARD Committee.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university
- Valid Texas License as an Physical Therapist granted by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and ability to assess students for the presence of gross motor deficits, and coordination and the student equipment needs.
- Ability to plan and provide appropriate individual and group therapy to students consistent with Physical therapy goals contained in Individual Education Plan (IEP) and collaborate with general educators, special educators, and interventionists in order to plan and implement classroom-based activities to improve skills.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee regarding interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and goal setting in accordance with IDEA Public Schools Policies and Procedures, Texas Education Agency (TEA) guidelines, and Licensing Boards.
- Develop and provide district wide trainings to school personnel and parents in the identification and understanding of students with Physical Therapy needs
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required by IDEA Public Schools
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $66,626 and $80,618, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff, and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA