School Year: 2023-2024
Location: IDEA Price Hill
Region: Cincinnati, OH
Job Type: Full-Time
IDEA Executive Principal
Executive Principals are systems leaders and people managers who coach and develop teachers and lead team members at their school to achieve ambitious goals with students. They focus on excellence and continuous improvement, and they expect and foster these values in staff and students. Executive Principals lead their schools to ensure IDEA’s mission of College for All Children becomes a reality.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Strong desire to ensure all students go to and through college
Demonstrated instructional leadership experience with proven results
Commitment to continuously improving every single day
Ability to navigate complex situations with positivity and assertiveness
Awareness of personal strengths and areas of improvement
Experience leading a school to dramatic gains in a challenging context
Plan all actions of leader and teachers to achieve rapid, dramatic gains
Influence others to contribute to rapid, dramatic gains
In this role you will:
1) Lead School Culture Systems: You will set the vision for school culture, and build and maintain strong schoolwide systems to ensure that vision becomes a reality. You will ensure all teachers are proficient in building positive student relationships, creating effective classroom routines and procedures, reinforcing positive behaviors, and responding consistently and effectively to misbehaviors. You will coach and train teachers to master these skills, and you will coach and develop other leaders to do the same so that you can drive this work through your lead team.
2) Lead Instructional Systems: You will build and maintain strong schoolwide systems to ensure all teachers internalize their content, deliver high quality first instruction, and analyze data in order to implement strategic adjustments and interventions that increase student learning. You will coach and develop other instructional leaders to do the same and drive this work through your instructional lead team.
3) Lead Operational Systems: You will build and maintain strong systems for school operations to ensure your campus is safe, welcoming, and efficiently run. You will coach and manage the assistant principal of operations to meet student enrollment and daily attendance goals. You will also coach and develop the assistant principal of operations to be an excellent systems leader and people manager so that they can drive results through their operations team.
4) Lead Family Engagement Systems: You will build and maintain strong systems for family engagement and communication, including both new family onboarding and ongoing family engagement. You will ensure families receive regular communication about their child’s progress and school events, and that staff engage them as key partners in the education of their child. You will coach and manage other leaders to do the same so that you can drive this work through others.
5) Lead Staff Culture and Talent Management: You will make strategic hiring, retention and promotion decisions, and coach other leaders to do the same. You will build and maintain systems for fostering a strong staff culture, and coach other leaders to do the same. You will build and maintain strong systems for coaching and management so that all staff members receive excellent coaching and are held accountable for meeting high expectations in service of our students.
6) Strategically Manage your Campus Budget: You will plan how to use your campus discretionary funds to achieve your campus priorities and driving goals. You will work with your assistant principal of operations, business clerk and admin assistant to ensure your campus discretionary budget is managed strategically throughout the year. You will also coach and manage your assistant principal of operations to lead the operations team to meet their budget goals.
7) Ensure your Campus Remains in Compliance: You will complete all required annual compliance training and ensure your staff members do the same. You will build and maintain systems to ensure that staff members and the campus as a whole remains in compliance with all applicable laws and policies. You will coach and develop other leaders to do the same so that you can drive this work through others.
You will be responsible for leading your team to meet the following ambitious goals:
1. Campus Rating: The campus will achieve an "A" growth rating at the end of the school year.
2. Student Persistence: 90% of Academy and College Prep scholars enrolled during the current school year will persist and return at the start of the following school year.
3. Student Attendance: Academy and College Prep will achieve a 97% annual attendance rate.
4. Staff Retention: 85% of all full-time campus staff employed in the current school year will be retained and return for the following school year.
5. Student Enrollment (for scaling campuses without seniors): The campus meets or exceeds its enrollment target by homeroom period on the 11th day of school.
Compensation & Benefits: Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $114,000 and $135,000 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff, and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA