Role Mission: The Help Desk Coordinator will play a critical role in ensuring that the IDEA Help Center delivers excellent customer service to our Team and Family by serving as the central entity that will coordinate the activities across our service brands: Technology Services, Business Services, and People Services. They will ensure that all continual service improvement initiatives are executed successfully with a growing portfolio including IDEA Knowledge Base (Tier 0), IDEA Service Catalog, Support Centralization, and Agent Training and Development and much more; they will foster a strong, collaborative partnership with the IDEA Help Desk Clerks (Tier 1) as well as service owners and stakeholders.
This position requires the ability and desire to work and communicate well in a dynamic team environment as well as a high level of dependability and self-sufficiency.
This is a full-time position (remote or on-site) based in Texas with preference given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Greater Houston, Rio Grande Valley, or San Antonio or who are willing to relocate. This team member will be a part of the national IDEA Help Center Team and will report to the Help Desk Manager.
What We Offer
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $46.345 and $54,224, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on organizational performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
- Build and centralize the new IDEA Help Center Knowledge Base (Tier 0).
- Identify service trends from our support team to create knowledge articles to fill any knowledge gaps.
- Partner with Knowledge Managers, Subject Matter Experts, and individual contributors across our service brands to ensure all Knowledge Base articles are written with the most up to date and correct information.
- Partner with Help Desk Manager to ensure all Knowledge Base articles are tagged and categorized according to the relevant service area to be accessible to our Team and Family.
- Ensure that all Knowledge Base articles are in alignment with the Help Center Knowledge Base policies.
- Cyclically audit Knowledge Base articles for accuracy and relevancy.
- Partner with the Help Desk Manager to ensure that the Help Center site design represents all service brands.
- Collect and synthesize feedback from support teams and service stakeholders to ensure continual improvement.
- Build and centralize the IDEA Help Center Service Catalog
- Partner with support teams to identify service offerings across all IDEA service brands.
- Ensure that all documented service offerings have corresponding knowledge documentation.
- Partner with service owners to create and maintain operational service calendars and corresponding support plans.
- Collect and synthesize feedback from support teams and service stakeholders.
- Build, deliver, and centralize Help Desk training that aligns with the customer service vision of the organization.
- Implement training sessions on best practices for customer service and system usage.
- Partner with the Help Desk Manager to develop and audit required training in Roadmap.
- Identify training gaps in service delivery by performing quality checks on support tickets.
- Partner with our support teams to reinforce the Help Desk Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Act as the steward for exceptional customer service via hosted training.
- Collect and synthesize feedback from support teams and service stakeholders.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: 95% Customer Satisfaction is achieved across all IST Services as measured by Zendesk from July 1st, 2023, to June 30th, 2024.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: 95% “On Time” SLA achievement rate for support tickets across all IST Services as measured by Zendesk from July 1st, 2023, to June 30th, 2024.
- TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT: 100% of IDEA Help Desk agents complete all required training modules as measured by Roadmap from July 1st, 2023, to June 30th, 2024.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: 100% of Service Projects are completed on time as measured by Wrike from July 1st, 2023, to June 30th, 2024.
- KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT: Published works are to meet or exceed an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 65 as measured by Microsoft Forms responses between July 1st, 2023, to June 30th, 2024.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or similar experience
- ITIL 4 Foundations certification (preferred).
- 1-2 years of experience working in a K-12 environment
- 1-2 years of experience working in a customer facing role
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical writing role
- Previous experience with training methodologies is a plus.
- Previous experience with content creation, such as self-service videos is a plus.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical document creation and maintenance
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills
- Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Strong detail orientation and listening skills.
- Strong decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Possess a strong work ethic and is a team player.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college.
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results and wants to be held accountable for them.
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly.
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization.
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes.
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.