This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: Austin Regional Office
Region: Greater Austin, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Regional Director of Philanthropy
A masterful communicator and relationship builder, the Regional Director of Philanthropy (RDP)- Greater Austin, is charged with cultivating and stewarding the external relationships critical to the success of IDEA Public Schools in the Greater Austin Area. The RDP- Greater Austin is responsible for serving as the leader of external affairs for IDEA’ work in the region, stewarding key philanthropic relationships, and managing Greater Austin’s Regional Advisory Board. As a leader who is passionate about educational equity, the ideal candidate will lead strategic conversations with key community members to ensure partnerships in the Greater Austin Area will expand and flourish.
The RDP-Greater Austin works well in matrixed organizations and is a strategic planner and executor. This role will report to the Managing Director of Regional Development and sit on a team of fellow advancement teammates who share best practices, collaborate, and have fun together. The RDP-Greater Austin will partner heavily with IDEA Greater Austin’s Regional Leadership team and Executive Director, the role’s most critical business partner. This role will be supported by Advancement Operations members of the Information Services Team who are responsible for ensuring the appropriate infrastructure is in place to execute high-caliber philanthropic operations across all IDEA’s regions.
Location: This is a full-time, hybrid position based in Greater Austin
Travel Expectation: The ideal candidate is expected to meet with donors, prospects, and community leaders within the Greater Austin and will travel to in-person meetings at the external stakeholders’ preference. Approximately, 10% annual travel outside of Austin area is expected.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $96,200 and $119,300, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
In this role you will:
· Implement and monitor a comprehensive fundraising plan to expand philanthropic support of the IDEA Greater Austin and provide input to strategic decisions that affect the Advancement team as a whole
· Build and manage a major gifts portfolio of 75-150 donors and prospects consisting of local individuals and family foundations, assuring that as many as possible make an introductory gift, or are retained and are upgraded in their giving and involvement
· Personally manage high-profile donors and acts as the primary point of contact for all Greater Austin philanthropic interests
· Lead stewardship and reporting with IDEA’s largest funders and key philanthropic partners in Greater Austin
· Set strategic goals around the number of new and upgraded donors needed in FY24 and beyond to create a healthy, sustainable donor base long-term
· Identify and strengthen relationships with community stakeholders through networking at selected community and leadership events
· Synthesize multiple facts, data points, and stories into a compelling narrative explaining IDEA’s educational vision to others
· Effectively explain IDEA’s story, program, vision and accomplishments to a diverse group of constituents, prospects, and funders
· Develop and execute strategy to recruit and onboard qualified advisory board members who reflect the diversity of the regions
· Create and monitor individualized annual service plans for each Greater Austin regional board member, provide support for completing their service plans, and regularly report out on their progress
· With the support of local staff, manage regional board communication, meeting schedules, agendas and presentations, working with local regional directors to plan a minimum of 3 regional board meetings a year with 90% attendance in Greater Austin
· Ensure regional Executive Director and board members are represented at key local education community events
· Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image and connections for IDEA Greater Austin
· Utilize Salesforce to maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors, stewardship and engagement, and planned and received funding
· Serve as the liaison between the region and external communications efforts as needed.
Required experience and skills:
As part of the Advancement team supporting the Greater Austin region, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff, and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA