Regional Director of Instructional Coaching
Position Overview: With the mission of an exceptional teacher for every IDEA student every day, the Regional Director of Instructional Coaching is a regional coaching role focused on improving teacher quality and teacher retention at IDEA Public Schools. The Regional Director of Instructional Coaching serves as a regional expert in IDEA’s coaching methods, focusing primarily on building capacity in instructional lead team members to effectively execute IDEA’s coaching model. This role serves as a liaison for all Teacher Advancement Team initiatives at the regional level, including Teacher Career Pathway placements and benefits and Teachboost use.
This is a full-time position located in El Paso, TX. Preference will be given to candidates who live in El Paso, or who are willing to relocate.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $62,800 and $76,000, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
In this role you will:
- Partner with staffing team and Schools Team to design and execute regional teacher retention strategy
- Support year-long onboarding for Welcome-to IDEA teachers starting with planning and executing best in class New Teacher Institute
- Monitor campus culture and partner with lead teams to coach and retain teachers, with a particular emphasis on new to IDEA teachers and Level 4/5 teachers
- Build relationships with teachers and communicate Teacher Career Pathway initiatives
- Share feedback with regional staffing partners on hiring model, applicants, new teachers
- Be an ambassador of IDEA’s Human Assets Teachable point of view and leading with a culture of joy to ensure IDEA’s schools and teams are great places to work
- Coach Assistant Principals of Instruction (APIs) to master instructional coaching School Leadership Levers (SLLs) and to deliver effective Guideposts to Excellent Teaching (GET)-aligned professional development sessions
- Partner with National Teacher Advancement Team to develop GET-aligned professional development packages to support teacher improvement of skills in key areas
- Manage campus-wide usage of Teachboost, IDEA’s platform for providing feedback and documenting observations
- Partner with Academic Services team to make sure teachers are delivering effective, strategic curriculum-driven lessons
- Assure that all teachers and APIs understand the student achievement rubrics associated with their course on Teacher Career Pathway
- Serve as campus’ Teachboost representative to answer questions, track progress, and problem-solve hurdles to Teachboost usage
- Facilitate GET ratings/norming conversation during campus instructional rounds
- Cascade progress towards goals updates on ratings progress throughout the year
- Share best practices across campuses for Teachboost usage.
- Manage execution of Coaching Academy (logistics and facilitation)
- Use See It. Name It. Do It. Framework to coach APIs in weekly and biweekly coaching follow-up from Coaching Academy
- Coordinate coaching and feedback with managers and Vice Presidents of Schools
- Facilitate/Support GET Certification at Coaching Academy
- Provide additional GET-norming support to campuses and instructional leaders who do not demonstrate strong GET-normed practices during instructional rounds
- Assure high-quality facilitators and facilitation at every professional development session
- Oversee and manage logistics team for smooth execution of meals, materials, and space requirements that facilitate learning
- Manage communication with participants and managers (as appropriate) as well as in-field follow-up to guarantee mastery of session material
As part of the Regional Schools team, you will contribute to reaching the following ambitious goals:
- 90% | 50% of Coaching Academy/Teacher Leader Foundations cohort members will respond to key survey questions with 8 | 10 AND average 90% session attendance
- 100% of APIs in Coaching Academy proficient on Coaching SLLs (Coaching academy skills), and GET Certified, 85% retention of portfolio APIs
- 95% of teachers in region are rated 2 or more times on all superpower rows with fidelity to GET Rubric throughout the calendar year in Teachboost (2C, 3C/3D, 4A, 4C, 4D) OR 6 rows or regional choosing
- 63% of teachers who report to an Assistant Principal of Instruction in coaching academy earn Level 3+ student achievement on TCP
- Ensure 85% Overall | 80% Level 1 | 95% Level 4 and 5 Teacher retention (levels as determined by IDEA’s Teacher Career Pathway)
- Coach portfolio of 8-13 Asst. Principals of Instruction
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years of teaching experience, 1+ experience managing teachers, experience as an Assistant Principal (or similar role) required
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Mastery of Guideposts for Excellent Teaching (or similar teaching rubric)
- Ability to coach and influence leaders and teachers
- Familiarity with Relay Graduate School of Education/Leverage Leadership Coaching model
- Experience with project planning and executing large-scale professional development sessions (>50 attendees)