School Year: 2023-2024
Location: Greater Houston Regional Office
Region: Greater Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Role Mission: The Warehouse District Driver will perform a variety of warehouse functions including the receipt, inspection, verification, storage, processing and distribution of a variety of supplies, materials and equipment; drive a vehicle to various IDEA Public School district locations to deliver goods..
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Safety is the #1 priority in the warehouse and while driving. This will be achieved by having “0” preventable incidents/accidents in the work environment and while driving.
• Operate vehicles and equipment in safe manner, including performing pre-trip/post-trip inspections
• Driver should maintain and carry up-to-date credentials at all times
• Abide by all applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations to achieve 0 traffic violations.
Maintain a reliable operation that has 0 receiving and shipping errors and a 100% inventory accuracy
• Receive, enter and maintain complete inventory of warehouse items within facility and vehicle during deliveries
• 100% items accurately shipped to destinations
• Accurately pick items according to Zendesk tickets
• 100% of items received accurately
• 100% of items have a plan of action for delivery, disposal or storage
100% safe and accurate delivery of goods to campuses and regional offices
• All deliveries must be accurately delivered to the campus and/or office
• 100% of items accurately identified prior to delivery
• Maintain inventory accuracy with clear records of items delivered
• 90% On time performance of items delivered
Provide excellent customer service
• Communicate with school site staff, administrators, and outside agencies to exchange information, concerns and questions regarding warehousing / logistics services.
• 100% customer satisfaction
• 98% helpdesk tickets resolved within 72 hours
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.