CNP Nutrition Intern - IDEA Southern Louisiana (Immediate Opening)
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: Southern Louisiana Regional Office
Region: Southern Louisiana
Job Type: Intern
Role Mission: The CNP Nutrition Team Intern will primarily assist our nationwide headquarters Nutrition Team with administrative tasks that will support nutrition education, community outreach, menu design, and stakeholder data priorities, while gaining practical work experience. The internship provides an excellent opportunity to be mentored by subject matter experts in school nutrition and contribute to the work we lead in ensuring we provide the best possible service and most nutritious meals to the scholars we serve. General areas of support include but are not limited to: review and analysis of nutrition labels, data collection, data entry and analysis, and supporting projects, yearly initiatives and deliverables. This individual will also be working directly with campus teams learning all areas of CNP and collaborating with our Farm programs.
- Provide support to the CNP Nutrition Team.
- Support goal attainment, receive feedback on progress, and make necessary changes to reach maximum potential for the internship.
- Manage multiple responsibilities with changing deliverables and due dates.
- Effectively and efficiently complete administrative duties.
- Support in project coordination, planning, logistics, and perform tasks related but not limited to: nutrition education, community outreach, menu design, and stakeholder data efforts.
- Accept designated, program-focus projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and prepare a presentation during the internship.
- Support in data entry, analysis, interpretation, and reporting related but not limited to: stakeholder feedback, consumption and waste studies, and nutrient analysis.
- Assist with preparation of presentations, emails, and scripts
- Participate in various meetings, check-ins with direct report
- Will physically travel to IDEA offices and or campuses to support CNP kitchen staff, farm staff, and Nutrition Team initiatives/priorities.
- Interest in curating, analyzing, and presenting data to small teams of key stakeholders
Live values of IDEA
- Believe and is committed to our mission: All students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seek and respond well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Work through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- High school diploma
- Associate’s degree and/or relevant college coursework (Preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
- General knowledge & interest in school nutrition and/or nutritional sciences.
- Experience with survey data collection platforms such as but not limited to: Microsoft Forms, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, etc. (preferred)
- Business awareness and knowledge of management practices.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Critical Thinking & ability to conduct, interpret, and summarize research information
- Strong organization & time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (collaboration & professionalism)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions & guidance
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and is self-motivated
- Demonstrate emotional awareness while being able to deliver and receive frequent feedback
- Demonstrate problem solving, adaptability and flexibility
- Length: Up to 4 months from the hiring date
- Location: Hybrid based on the region (ability to travel campuses for additional support)
- Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Mon-Fri)
- The hourly rate for this role is $10.00 per hour.
- This role is not eligible for a performance pay