Role Mission: The Business Information Systems Team strives to support the leadership at IDEA as we work together to meet and exceed our ambitious financial and student achievement goals. The Business ERP Applications Manager, under the supervision of the Director of Business Information Systems, serves as the functional liaison between Business Information Systems partners, Tyler Technologies, and the Information Technology department for Seven (7) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Applications. This role is responsible for providing business process consulting, implementation design, and system support for the Business and Finance Departments, Integrations & Reporting, Application Securities, Document Management, Vendor Self Service, and Audit Compliance across all IDEA Entities.
This is a full-time remote position based in Texas with preference given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Greater Houston, Rio Grande Valley, or San Antonio, or who are willing to relocate.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $66,626 and $80,618, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for performance pay based on organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Drive enhanced performance and functionality of Business and Finance technology, elevating the user experience through system design, configuration, and support.
- Consult with business partners to provide recommendation strategies, roadmap planning, and subsequent tactics for the Tyler ERP Accounting, Accounts Payable, Finance, Procurement, Capital Assets and other associated application modules
- Stay up to date on new technology features and complimentary solutions and design recommendations for continuous process improvements and optimization of the Tyler ERP Financials product suite
- Maintain a global mindset when providing solutions with a focus on a positive team member experience to ensure that systems support new processes/changes to provide the optimal user experience
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Department Leaders to plan and lead improvement projects including analyzing and identifying business process optimization opportunities
- Ensure that an adequate project plan is developed to implement new business processes
Work in partnership with the Accounting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Financial Planning & Analysis, Auxiliary Services (CNP, Transportation and Facilities), Finance, Compliance, and Information Technology teams to troubleshoot system errors and identify system enhancements opportunities.
- Oversee system administration, performance, functionality, and overall enhancements for Accounting, Accounts Payable, Finance, Procurement, Capital Assets ERP Technology
- Identify technical problems and develop solutions to support business objectives
- Partner with key department stakeholders to Identify, submit and track enhancements that are submitted to the vendor for ERP system improvements in current or future version releases
- Interact frequently with internal and external representatives across IT, Accounting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Financial Planning & Analysis, Auxiliary Services (CNP, Transportation and Facilities), Finance & Compliance, Internal Audit, and vendors to determine strategic needs, define functional/technical specifications, troubleshoot issues, and implement initiatives
- Create, maintain, and deliver status reporting for related technical issues to key stakeholders
100% of new MUNIS applications and MUNIS ERP version enhancements are implemented on the project plan established timeline.
- Serve as an Implementation Lead for all Tyler ERP applications in areas of Business functions including but not limited to, Accounting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Financial Planning & Analysis, Auxiliary Services (CNP, Transportation and Facilities), Finance & Compliance, and Vendor Self Service.
- Assist on the execution of the established Project Plan for MUNIS system upgrades, new modules, and enhancements to include user requirements, testing, training and development, and change management across all affected areas.
- Support in the deployment and testing of new releases, enhancements, and fixes.
- Maintain appropriate issue/enhancement tracking and issue resolution process supporting the development of specific actions and recommendations to mitigate risk and resolve outstanding issues
- Conduct training with the Business Partner Department Functional Leads to implement and setup new functionality in the ERP application.
Manage Workflow Design and Administration for all IDEA Procurement, Accounts Payable, and payroll related workflows.
- Serve as lead for the design of all ERP workflows for Accounts Payable, Budget, Contracts, General Ledger Journals, Inventory, and Procurement.
- Partner with business groups to determine appropriate approval paths and to ensure adequate workflows are setup.
- Test all associated submission portals to ensure the workflow system aligns with our procedural documentation and audit requirements.
- Ensure defined approvers are setup and verify the workflow and approvals operate as expected.
- In partnership with the ERP Security Manager, established permission levels to clearly define authority for users that need access to approve, reject, or review submissions.
- Verify all automated notifications are relevant to the business process and team members.
Provide Support for System Securities to ensure Tyler ERP Financial Users are granted appropriate access for their approved role assignments.
- Support system Administration for security and permissions of MUNIS, MUNIS Self Service, SSRS and Tyler Content Manager for all ERP users – Over 1500 MUNIS users and over 11,000 MUNIS Self Service Users.
- Coordinate with the Security ERP Manager and IT Department to ensure adequate permission safeguards, policies and procedures are in place to protect user access to IDEA Munis Data for 7 Production sites and 52 Non-Production ERP, ESS, and VSS sites (Texas, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Florida, Midland and IPS Enterprises LLC, and Ohio)
- Manage delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for assigned applications
- Troubleshoot security problems in the assigned area modules after release and/or upgrades and other functional configuration changes that have been created and report issues to resolve errors.
Support the Help Desk Support team to meet the 95% metric of critical Munis Zendesk requests within 2 business days.
- Train the Help Desk Support Specialist on managing the escalations
- Train the Help Desk Support Specialist on existing and future system processes
- Resolve Tier 2 or greater escalated Zendesk requests
- Coordinate with Tyler Technologies on escalated issues that have Department or Organizational wide impact
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Stress Tolerance
- Business Process Management
Education and Experience:
- Graduate from a recognized four-year college or university preferably with a major in business administration, personnel administration, management information systems, or a related field.
- 2- 3 years of experience utilizing project management frameworks to ensure project and team effectiveness
- 2- 3 years of experience as a system administrator of a Financial System
- 2- 3 years of experience working in a Business processing environment or closely related area which includes participation in the functional configuration, modification or maintenance of an ERP System.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with the configuration of the Tyler ERP Finance Applications.
- 3 - 5 years of experience training on various computer software applications in either a corporate or educational environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of ERP systems with a strong concentration in Finance
- Knowledge of business processes, policies and procedures related to Business and Human Resources, specifically in a school district environment
- Knowledge of relational databases and reporting tools, Microsoft SQL, and Reporting Services in relation to Tyler ERP System
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology
- Ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences and persuades others
- Skilled in developing and documenting operational and technical processes, functions, and procedures involving specific modules and developing appropriate solutions.
- Skilled in testing software in light of upgrades, enhancements, and setup modifications.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of personnel information.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.