Role Mission: Custodians are responsible for providing an enhanced learning environment that exemplifies IDEA’s commitment to excellence through a clean, safe, high-quality facility.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $13.00 for 0 years of experience and $14.95
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Professional Development: We offer staff opportunities to engage in identity-based affinity space and leadership training covering a variety of topics such as culturally competent leadership, models of equity, mitigating bias, and more.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Qualifications:
- Availability from 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on weekdays
- Ability to understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Provide a clean and healthy environment that guarantees an enhanced learning environment
- Achieve a proficient rating on the Facilities Rubric and Facilities Audit
- Execute assigned work orders, assuring 90% of campus projects are completed within 48 hours
- Complete all daily cleaning responsibilities, paying special attention to details
- Work with Facilities Manager to identify facilities needs for capital expenditures (CapEx) planning
Operate in a safe manner
- Complete Safe Schools training by deadline
- Use all personal protective equipment (PPE) 100% of the time
- All chemicals on-hand locked
- Act immediately to report any unsafe situation on the campus
Manage custodial supplies and equipment in an efficient manner to achieve the campus cost per square foot allocation with kWh usage per square foot
- Minimize consumption of all materials
- Keep an accurate inventory log sheet
- Order supplies from Facilities Manager within campus guidelines
- Properly use and maintain heavy equipment
Demonstrate reliability and responsibility through attendance, punctuality, and flexibility
- Zero unexcused absences
- Consistent punctuality
- Demonstrate the Team Player attitude with the ability to work longer hours as needed to meet the mission goal
- Follow work schedule to assure efficiency
- Prioritize and make use of good judgment
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.