College Completion Intern (Immediate Opening)
This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Intern
College Completion Intern
College Completion work at IDEA Public Schools delivers on the organization’s mission of becoming the number one producer of low-income college graduates in Texas by supporting our IDEA graduates to ensure our students’ success to and through college. The work of Alumni Affairs is to create college graduation and re-enrollment supports for alumni at IDEA Public Schools in pursuit of this mission. In this role, the College Completion intern will build relationships with IDEA alumni in Texas and across the Nation, supporting our students through graduation from college. This position will be conducted remotely for 20 hours a week on weekdays (Monday-Friday) managed by the Director of College Completion At Large.
In this role you will:
- Lead efforts to identify and initiate contact with alumni who are interested in re-enrolling in college by connecting them with their manager of alumni affairs.
- Collaborate with the managers of alumni affairs to promote upcoming alumni engagement events by crafting emails, text messages, and videos with to increasing alumni participation.
- Be responsible for updating the College Completion At Large rolodex and sending reminders to the team that focuses on the lifecycle of a college student such as first day of classes, last day to drop, graduation application deadlines, registration dates, final exams, and commencement dates for all Texas and national universities and colleges.
- Utilize multiple modalities for alumni engagement including texting, phone, Calendly, email, and for meeting with students, including in-person, TEAMS phone and video conferencing and Signal Vine texting.
- Enhance student engagement by occasionally traveling to colleges and universities in Texas and across the Nation to meet with alumni to yield maximum engagement results.
- Maintain accurate alumni records on Salesforce by updating student activities notes, graduation action plans, graduation application submissions through the task feature sent by a member of the College Completion team.
- Capitalize on maintaining professional flexibility by responding to a high volume of alumni inquiries to provide support and guidance on issues or concerns impacting their progress toward degree attainment.
- Maintain an alumni tracker for all in-person college campus visits or re-enrollment events that includes social media graphic submissions, confirm appointments, send reminders, check-in QR codes, and input manager of alumni affairs notes on Salesforce.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to display initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Education: Must be an IDEA Public Schools alumnus currently enrolled as an undergraduate in a college or university.
- Strong technological competence.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications
What We Offer:
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of $10 per hour.
Submit your application online through Jobvite. Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Learn more about IDEA