This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: San Antonio Regional Office
Region: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Project Management Office (PMO) leads the development and implementation of standards for project and program portfolio management at the enterprise-level. They will elevate the science of project management, by driving change and accountability focused on strategic value delivery and the adoption of the most effective practices. As a key partner for project leaders, they will provide strategic direction by developing project management tools, standards, best practices, sustainable processes, and training that will be broadly adopted and adapted organization wide. As the leader of IDEA’s growth-related workstream, the Director of PMO will help manage the expansion process by ensuring process alignment and accountability with cross-functional partners. The Director of PMO will also drive the development of analytics that drive decision-making and ongoing growth/expansion discovery, identify areas of opportunity and risk, and coordinate resources.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $91,100 and $112,900, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for performance pay based on organizational performance and goal attainment
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
In this role, you will:
· Develop the organization’s project management vision, strategy, and structure
· Create, design, and manage the technical PMO processes, procedures, and standards while also prioritizing governance and areas of high risk, designing intake processes, creating strategic visibility that enables accountability and data-driven actions, facilitating alignment and cross-functional collaboration, instilling quality controls, and implementing change management practices
· Directly manage the PMO team and ensure that a portfolio of critical Information Systems and Technology (IST)- and expansion-related projects are executed effectively assuring value delivery that is efficient, compliant with laws and organizational policies, and within defined constraints (time, scope, budget, etc.)
· Through coaching, training, and direct and indirect management, lead cross-functional operating mechanisms and drive the design and adoption of portfolio management governance methods, processes, standards, tools, quality controls, metrics, and data visibility across all teams in the organization
· Manage IST Beginning-of-Year (BoY) programming, monitor timelines, and maximize resource allocation to ensure schools are fully connected and operational before the first day of school for each region
· Design and manage the expansion process, ensuring that the correct resources and teams are allocated to each step and instilling accountability, visibility, and navigating risk
· Coordinate the development of analytics and financial modeling to identify opportunity areas and inform expansion-related decisions
· Partner with cross-functional leaders during the launch lifecycle to appropriate respond to identified risks, ensure service implementation, and confirm infrastructure deployment to maximize IST value delivery for each new region
· Develop, teach, maintain, and uphold knowledge management processes across the IST area to ensure proper value stream documentation, reporting, and artifact collection, and to facilitate relevant, organized, user-friendly, and accessible information sharing
· As the leader of an internal consultancy group and Change Advisory Board, collaborate with executives, lines of business, and IT management to identify and prioritize IT-related projects and initiatives that align with strategic priorities for IDEA and provide the highest potential value
· Exercise and lead adoption ITIL 4 framework and practices to create efficiencies
· IT Project Manager
· IT Project Coordinator
· Leader of the Change Advisory Board
Required Experience and Certifications:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· At least 7 years of professional experience
· At least 5 years of proven large-scale, cross-functional project management and organizational change management in a high-pressure environment
· At least 3 years of budget (P&L) management experience
· At least 3 years of direct people management experience, including coaching and leadership development
· Expert business operations experience (service development, fiscal responsibility management, staff utilization)
· Proven experience in successfully leading continuous improvement projects that increase value, reduce waste, and improve financial performance
· Licenses or Certifications:
o Active PMI PMP (required)
o ITIL 4 Foundation (required)
o ITIL 4 Managing Professional (preferred)
o CompTIA Network+ or Security+ (preferred)
o APMG Change Management Foundation (Practitioner preferred)
o Lean IT Foundation (Lean IT Leadership preferred)
o IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledgeable about Program Portfolio Management and implementing techniques and methods such as Risk Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Quality Management, and IT Governance principles
· Knowledge and experience in organizational change management, budget, cost, profitability, and procurement management
· Skill in strategic thinking, including setting vision and direction, anticipating problems, and planning for the future
· Skill in developing talent and capabilities, training, and coaching others, and cultivating essential skills to maximize individual contribution and engagement
· Skill in organization, prioritization (to define areas of focus among competing priorities), follow through, and attention to detail
· Skill in effective, compelling, and interpersonal communication, both verbal and written
· Skill in building strong relationships and mutually beneficial business partnerships through trust, empathy, and credibility, and developing organizational and political intelligence
· Ability to organize, manage, monitor, and balance multiple long-term projects at once, often under pressure with competing priorities and tight turnarounds while prioritizing daily tasks, maintaining composure, ensuring quality, and achieving results
· Ability to advocate, influence, motivate, and hold others accountable through consistency and clarity of expectations
· Ability to managing adults and teams to strong outcomes, often through influence rather than named managerial responsibility
· Ability to design, evaluate, and improve systems to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency
· Proactively seeks out information and clarity needed to enable sound judgement and strong decision-making for the IST area and the organization as a whole
· Knowledge and familiarity with MS Office, SharePoint, database systems, etc.
· Ability to travel up to 30% of the time during the busiest parts of the year
The Director of Project Management Office (PMO) must currently live in or be willing to relocate to Texas, with preference for one of our regions: Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, or Tarrant County.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
Learn more about IDEA
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.