School Year: 2023-2024
Location: IDEA Price Hill
Region: Cincinnati, OH
Job Type: Full-Time
IDEA Administrative Assistants provide clerical support to all aspects of the principal’s work so that the principal can maximize his/her time due to reliable, efficient administrative support. By prioritized scheduling, streamlined communication, and thorough logistical preparation for day-to-day operations and school events, the administrative assistant enables the principal(s) to maximize their impact in helping make college for all children a reality.
This is a full-time on-site position located on the school campus in the Greater Cincinnati Region. Preference will be given to candidates who live in Cincinnati, or who are willing to relocate.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities
In this role you will:
· Manage principal’s correspondence, including answering incoming phone calls, emails, and letters
· Plan, prepare, and update principal’s calendar
· Schedule events and plan logistics for meetings
· Reconcile credit cards and prepare monthly expense reports
· Arrange substitute coverage and provide daily orientation for substitutes on attendance taking, lesson plans, emergency preparation, and daily schedule
· Cover the front office during receptionist lunch breaks or vacancies
· Provide supervision during lunch/recess duty
· Complete duty assignments during school dismissal (may include walker escorting, bus loading, car-rider loading, front office phone communication)
· Call families of absent students each day
· Call families of absent students to schedule meetings with the principal or other leadership team members as needed based on student absence volume
· Coordinate with campus leaders and grade level team leaders to ensure regular family communications occur through newsletters, social media, and school events
· Onboard new students and families throughout the year as needed on behalf of principal
· Prepare and manage employee break and supply rooms (may include organizing, decorating, restocking, or cleaning as needed)
· Receive deliveries and enter into purchasing system to ensure accurate and timely vendor payments
· Complete other duties as they arise or are needed by the principal
What You Bring – Competencies
Knowledge and Skills:
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office
· Proficient keyboarding skills
· Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to follow written instructions
· Experience working in an administrative support position
· Ability to think proactively and work with minimal direction
· Ability to pleasantly communicate with all levels of staff and the public
Physical Requirements: (Optional)
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
· Must be able to climb ladders or scaffolding, or climb and work in overhead areas
· Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 35 pounds regularly for deliveries
· Physical ability to work around small children including sitting, standing, running and climbing stairs.
· Must be able to lift and carry small children up to 40 pounds in case of emergency.
· Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environments, including in times of excessive heat or cold
What We Offer
Compensation & Benefits:
Starting compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate based on relevant experience with the typical range falling between $18.49 for 0 years of experience and $23.11.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
Submit your application online through Jobvite. Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
Learn more about IDEA