Role Mission: The mission for the Registrar is to achieve 97.5% average daily attendance, 100% enrollment, maintain 100% data accuracy and 100% compliance with IDEA’s attendance procedures. The Registrar organizes all of the campus operation tasks with key stakeholders and executes campus operation processes that bind to our student information system.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $18.49 for 0 years of experience and $23.11
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions,
- Education: HS diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: Experience with records or student information, data entry, support, systems management/entry required
- Experience with FOCUS preferred
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
97.50% ADA for Academy and College Prep
- Owns the attendance process for Academy and/or College Prep students
- Works with students, staff and parents to ensure students attend school every day
- Communicates attendance reporting to staff, including: Chronic absenteeism, Daily Progress towards Goals
- Documents all attendance changes and corrects attendance data by end of day
- Ensure teacher attendance submission is completed by designated time
- Ensures all paper rosters are signed and dated (if applicable)
- Ensures all attendance report submissions are on time
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy & College Prep
- Paper attendance and student enrollment reconciliation processes solidified two weeks prior to school
- Student registration verification is accurately completed by deadline
- Supports campus operations team in meeting enrollment goals by first week of school
100% of Student Records received by the First Week of School (FWOS)
- Student records are requested timely from other districts
- All records requests fulfilled within 10 days
- All FOCUS deadlines are met based on the SIS operating calendar
- Increase awareness and provide consistent communication with all key stakeholders (FOCUS Data Quality Team – including Academic Counselor, ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, and Cafeteria Manager)
- Increase awareness with key stakeholders (including ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, HQ SPED Clerk and SPED teachers)
- Grade Verification, Re-registration, End of Year tasks, School and Section Enrollment Audits, Transcripts are completed timely and accurately
100% of Beginning of Year Systems and Processes are ready for FDOS (First Day of School)
- Works closely with parents and business partners to ensure that parents are able to re-register through appropriate channels
- Campus is operational one week before the first day of school
- Create paper rosters for the campus designated attendance timeframe
- Verify enrollment numbers prior to the daily enrollment call
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
IDEA Public Schools in Florida intends to promote and establish a Drug-Free Workplace Program to maximize safety and productivity in the workplace, enhance our competitive position in the marketplace, without experiencing the costs, delays, and tragedies associated with accidents that result from drug or alcohol abuse by employees. A Drug-Free Workplace means that of our employees must remain Drug-Free both on and off the job, and free from alcohol on the job. In holding to this policy, all staff members will undergo drug testing prior to starting in their new role with us.
To read our full policy, please click the following link: https://ideapublicschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/FL-Drug-Free-Workplace-Policy.pdf