School Year: 2024-2025
Location: IDEA San Benito College Prep
Region: Lower Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Lower RGV Principal
Principals are systems leaders and people managers who coach and develop teachers and lead team members at their school to achieve ambitious goals with students. Principals focus on excellence and continuous improvement, and they expect and foster these values in staff and students. Principals lead their schools to ensure IDEA’s mission of College for All Children becomes reality.
This is an on-site, full time position starting July 2024.
Compensation & Benefits: Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $98,000 and $122,500, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
In this role you will:
1) Lead School Culture Systems: You will set the vision for school culture, and build and maintain strong schoolwide systems to ensure that vision becomes a reality. You will ensure all teachers are proficient in building positive student relationships, creating effective classroom routines and procedures, reinforcing positive behaviors, and responding consistently and effectively to misbehaviors. You will coach and train teachers to master these skills, and you will coach and develop other leaders to do the same so that you can drive this work through your lead team.
2) Lead Instructional Systems: You will build and maintain strong schoolwide systems to ensure all teachers internalize their content, deliver high quality first instruction, and analyze data in order to implement strategic adjustments and interventions that increase student learning. You will coach and develop other instructional leaders to do the same and drive this work through your instructional lead team.
3) Lead Operational Systems: You will build and maintain strong systems for school operations to ensure your campus is safe, welcoming, and efficiently run. You will coach and manage the assistant principal of operations to meet student enrollment and daily attendance goals. You will also coach and develop the assistant principal of operations to be an excellent systems leader and people manager so that they can drive results through their operations team.
4) Lead Family Engagement Systems: You will build and maintain strong systems for family engagement and communication, including both new family onboarding and ongoing family engagement. You will ensure families receive regular communication about their child’s progress and school events, and that staff engage them as key partners in the education of their child. You will coach and manage other leaders to do the same so that you can drive this work through others.
5) Lead Staff Culture and Talent Management: You will make strategic hiring, retention and promotion decisions, and coach other leaders to do the same. You will build and maintain systems for fostering a strong staff culture, and coach other leaders to do the same. You will build and maintain strong systems for coaching and management so that all staff members receive excellent coaching and are held accountable for meeting high expectations in service of our students.
6) Strategically Manage your Campus Budget: You will plan how to use your campus discretionary funds to achieve your campus priorities and driving goals. You will work with your assistant principal of operations, business clerk and admin assistant to ensure your campus discretionary budget is managed strategically throughout the year. You will also coach and manage your assistant principal of operations to lead the operations team to meet their budget goals.
7) Ensure your Campus Remains in Compliance: You will complete all required annual compliance training and ensure your staff members do the same. You will build and maintain systems to ensure that staff members and the campus as a whole remains in compliance with all applicable laws and policies. You will coach and develop other leaders to do the same so that you can drive this work through others.
Required Education and Experience:
You will be responsible for leading your team to meet the following ambitious goals:
Learn more about IDEA
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values